Chapter 32

"Ow ow ow!" The metal shackle was really hurting now for some reason. "Quit whining." Cassius spat.

"But my wrist is killing me!" Eden protested, "I think this cuff is burning my arm."

The metal felt hot...unpleasantly hot....Eden recalled the name of the metal....

"How do you expect me to fight with this stupid hellfire chain on!" Eden said, forcing her voice to sound nonchalant. "Master Hastur won't be pleased if another fight gets hindered!"

"OOF." Eden gasped as she fell face first into the snow again. But her gasp of surprise was replaced by a sigh of relief when the cold snow instantly soothed the burn on her right wrist. Eden rubbed her left wrist in the snow because the bruised skin was hurting as well.

Eden froze at the sudden sound of raspy growling. She looked up and saw a tall slender figure saunter towards her through the snowy wind.

Two eyeless sockets stared down at her. Eden gasped in horror as the creature's head became more clear as it leaned down towards her. Its head was a goat skull with curved horns but the torso was humanoid in nature. Its legs were goatlike and covered in coarse brown fur.

"This is for the Archangel." The creature rumbled as he hoisted a clawed hand in the air.

Eden screamed in pain as the claws raked her face.