Chapter 56

As predicted, the five made it past the guards. A guard had pointed them in the direction of the receptionist desk but Eden didn’t pay attention to the conversation that Abraxas and Brutus had with the receptionist in question. Eden kept her head down, her hood hiding her face completely. Eden tilted her head slightly to the side and breathed in deeply. At first the scents overwhelmed her. Her scent glands fought through the foul smells of death and demons….

But then she caught it. The faint whiff of leather mixed with black coffee….

Daddy! She took another breath. She caught the scent of cocoa and freshly baked bread….

Papa! Then she smelled the most tantalizing scent of all, lavender mixed with vanilla…..

Gabriel! Eden couldn't wait any longer.  Following her nose, she dashed away from the desk and into a dark, dank hallway.

"Eden, come back!" Raguel grabbed her by the arm. "Abraxas and Brutus are nearly finished getting directions to Sandalphon's office. He will most likely have a key…"

"I know." Eden gently pulled her arm away. "But my nose has already picked up my family's scent." And we won't need a key." Eden removed her sonic screwdriver amulet from her neck. "I've got something better."