Realizing You Like Him- Donatello

You and Donnie walked out of the library, each carrying a huge stack of newly checked out books. Donnie had his usual disguise on, and you both tried to balance the books in your arms as you climbed the fire escape.
You entered first, quickly checking the house to make sure the place was empty, before helping Donnie in. On top of his bulky clothing and new books, he had a bag of science supplies strapped to his shell.
"Geez, what's in this thing?" You asked as you took the bag so Donnie could remove the huge coat.
"Mutagen and some observation tools," he replied, and you paled. You shoved the bag back into Donnie's hands. You'd never really gotten over the whole mutation thing from the night when you and Donnie first met. Holding the stuff that mutated people just creeped you out.
"It's okay," Donnie assured you, laying the supplies on your desk, "it's only a small amount, and I won't let any of it near you."
You blushed at Donnie's comment, then turned quickly to your old bookshelf, pretending to look over it. You absolutely despised your blushing habit.
"If I could just make one more batch of retromutagen," Donnie muttered to himself, and you peered over your shoulder to see Donnie scowling at the array of papers and research.
The mutagen on the Petri dish glowed a bright green, and you stared at the substance, amazed by it. Donnie looked up to see your amazed look, and motioned for you to come over. You kneeled beside him, watching as he carefully dropped some unknown chemical into the mix and looked into the microscope.
Donnie deep brown eyes darted between his papers and the experiment, adding a drop of this and a dab of that to the concoction. You willed your gaze back to the mutagen, scolding yourself mentally for beginning to stare.
A final drop of a light purple chemical was added to the Petri dish, and you jumped as the mixture began to instantly glow brighter and turn orange.
"Yes!" Donnie pumped a fist into the air, jumping up from his seat. You stood up as well, sharing his excitement with a huge smile. Donnie was ecstatic. He hugged you tightly, making your cheeks heat up, before pulling away and rubbing the back of his neck nervously.
"So," you began, "You did it?"
"Yeah," he replied, "F-finally managed t-to m-make another b-batch."
"Nice," you said. You felt your blush spreading from your cheeks to your ears, and you hastily covered them with your h/c hair.
Donnie smiled shyly, revealing his gap tooth, and your heart skipped a beat. You both returned to your seats, observing the retromutagen, but your mind kept going back to Donnie.
Your mind started unraveling, organization becoming impossible. You took a deep breath, trying to regain control, but a tingling sensation started radiating all over you. what was that?!
It feel like... attraction. You averted your eyes from Donnie. This was impossible. You... you really, really liked... Donnie.

Yay! Another hopelessly romantic chapter, and another batch of retromutagen!
Donnie: *pokes head into the room* did you say retromutagen?
Me: yep. Wrote about you managing to make more in this chapter.
Donnie: if only that were true. I can't find a solution for this batch.
Me: I-I could help, if you want.
Donnie: sure! Follow me! *begins heading out*
Me: right behind ya! *starts walking out with Donnie* so long, my lovelies!