Three Little Words- Leonardo

C'mon.

I know I can do this.

Just MOVE, you stupid apple!

I glared at the fruit on the counter. I was beginning to go cross eyed from staring at the apple for so long, trying to make it float, to shift, ANYTHING.

Nothing. Not even a centimeter of movement.

"Your eyes are gonna stick that way if you stay like that much longer."

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you, Mother.  Are you gonna tell me to eat my greens next?"

Leo chuckled softly as he sat down next to me. "I'm just sayin'...."

"I know," I smiled up at him, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

He grinned, "You also know Donnie said your ability only works if you're relaxed."

"Yes, yes, I know. But it never hurts to try..."

He shifted closer.  "You know what's really relaxing--"

"No, Leo. I don't wanna meditate."

He gave me a faux pouting face, making me giggle. "Please?"

"Why do you want me to meditate with you so much anyway?" My attention turned away from the apple momentarily as I gazed up at him. When he shrugged and gave no response, I smirked. "You just like staring at me when I'm not looking."

I expected another shrug, a defensive reply, but Leo's face reddened. He pulled his arms around my waist.

"I can't help it... You're so beautiful."

My cheeks flamed as I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.  "You're not so bad yourself, Fearless."

He laughed softly, kissing my nose, pulling back to look at me affectionately.

"Y/N... I love you."

My brain shut down. I gaped at him disbelievingly, before the biggest smile jumped onto my face. I kissed him happily, murmuring against his lips, "I love you too, Leonardo."

He pulled me close, and for a split second, there was nothing more in the world than him and I. He loves me. He loves me! I couldn't contain my sigh of contentment.

Leo glanced over at the counter, and the corners of his mouth turned up in a smile. I followed his gaze to see the apple levitating a foot from the tabletop.

"Nice job," he praised quietly.

I looked back up at him with a grin of my own. "Guess it's just 'cause I'm absolutely at peace with you."