Bent, Not Broken - Leonardo

My eyes never left the ground as I slowly levitated myself, palms flexed and out at my side as I willed myself not to freak out. I slowly rose further off the ground, taking a small moment to adjust my beanie once I was confident my powers could support me. I smiled confidently, concentrating hard and managing to move my body forward, as if I was being blown my a nonexistent wind. I smiled, floating myself slowly out of the living room and into the dojo. At this point, I was thoroughly proud of myself for sustaining for this long. I traveled over to Leo, meditating and unaware of my entrance, and positioned myself directly over his head.

"Hey Leo!" I exclaimed, "Look what I can do now...!"

He tilted his head up to look at me, but instead of the usual proud smile I'd expected, he glared at me. The expression shocked me, and I accidentally lost focus on keeping myself up off the ground.

"Ouch!" Leo yelled as I toppled down onto him, "Watch it, will ya?!"

"Geez, sorry," I mumbled ashamedly, crawling off him and offering my hand to help him up, "I didn't mean to."

He ignored my offer of help, getting to his feet and stomping out of the dojo, growling lowly, "Then mean not to, next time."

"Umm," I started, becoming annoyed with his blunt behavior, "What's with you today?"

"Nothing's with me. I'm fine," He shot back, striding quickly into the kitchen.

"That's not true," I argued, following him over and laying a hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"I said I'm fine!" He shoved my hand away, pushing past me, "Would you leave me alone?!"

"Hey!" I objected, refusing to give as I hurried after him, "I was just trying to help!"

"I don't need your help! I don't want your help," He shouted, making me stop in my tracks, "I can take care of myself!"

"I-I didn't mean to u-upset you, honest," I stuttered.

Leo closed his eyes and shook his head, as if he was a parent about to reprimand a child.

"I'm the leader of my team," He explained bluntly, "I don't need to lean on anyone. Others lean on me!"

"Leo, just because you're in charge of your brothers on missions doesn't mean you have to be invincible all the time!"

"It does!"

"You're not usually this cocky and off-putting around me!"

"You got a problem with that?"

"Well yeah, when my boyfriend is acting like a jerk!"

"You think I'm a jerk now, huh?" He confronted me, turning to walk toward me so quickly I had to take a few steps back.

"W-well..."

"If you have a problem," He hissed through gritted teeth, "You can go."

I gaped, not quite grasping what he said. "W-what?"

"You heard me!" He yelled, "You have a problem with me, you might as well not be wasting your time! So get. Out!"

Tears welled up in my eyes and I bit my quivering lip, turning away from him and whispering, "Fine."

There was a moment of silence, as if my answer had been unexpected. But Leo didn't get the chance to answer before I'd run out, leaving him speechless.

I sobbed loudly on the fire escape of my old apartment building, too scared to go in to beg for board from my parents and too hopeful to forget about my heartbreak.

"Y/N?"

I gasped, pressing myself against the wall, knowing that voice better than I knew my own, praying Leo didn't see me in such a mess. I jumped as he suddenly jumped down in front of me, eyes red and puffy, face pleading for forgiveness already.

"I'm so sorry," He started ashamedly, but I cut him off.

"That's not what I want," I stated softly, eyes down, "I don't want a fake apology."

"It's not fake. I mean it. I know it doesn't make up for what I did. I promise, I'll be better! I was stressed, the mission didn't go so well... I'll stop though. I won't go off about that stuff, I'll-"

"That's not what I want either."

"...What?"

I took a deep breath, wringing my hands as I explained, "I don't want you burying your feelings. They're real, you don't have to hide them, especially not from me. You're not made of steel, Leo. And I love you because of that. You don't have to be perfect, you know I love your imperfections too, right?"

Leo's eyes filled with tears, as he pulled me close, hugging me tightly and burying his face in my hair. I smiled softly, my own bittersweet tears soaking his plastron as I hugged him back.

He pulled back a bit, smiling softly as he finally let his tears fall freely, brushing a bit of hair from my own puffy eyes.

I paused for a moment, "Just don't throw me out next time you're on the verge of breakdown, okay?"

His eyes filled with a bit of guilt as he pulled me to him again, mumbling, "I'm sorry, Y/N. I don't want you to leave. I wouldn't trade you for anything. You're the love of my life."

I grinned a little, giving him a small squeeze. "And you are mine."