Sweet Slumber - Donatello

"Y/N? Sweetheart, where are you?" I heard Donnie call outside the dojo.

"Up here, D," I replied, my bare feet scraping gently against the bark of the tree as I laid across a lower branch, fingering the green leaves absentmindedly.

"What do you mean, up...," Donnie asked as he walked in, eyes widening instantly when he saw me perched on the tree limb, "What are you doing up there?!"

"Hangin' out," I murmured, shoving my hands in the pockets of my pajama pants, "Isn't it marvelous, how a tree can just regrow leaves?"

"What? Y-Y/N, please come down, you might fall --"

"I mean, think about it. Every year it sheds every single leaf, and then somehow, it knows the exact amount of time to stay bare, before budding again in the spring. The wonder of nature, I suppose..."

Donnie sighed. "Yes, sweetheart, a wonder indeed. But you can continue pondering it in the morning, it's late."

"Oh c'mon, the work day's hardly begun for you," I countered, fighting back a yawn, "You work day and night in the lab. I rarely see you sleep, or rest for that-- GAH!"

D had grabbed my hand and pulled me off the branch, catching me swiftly and raising a brow as I opened my eyes and unscrunched my nose.

"I'll go to sleep, if you go to sleep," He bargained, striding out of the dojo with me still in his arms.

I huffed, crossing my arms and refusing to let my eyes droop. "You have an interesting persuasion tactic, Donatello."

"I pride myself on that," He replied, the ghost of a smirk flashing across his face for a second.

He walked into the bedroom, setting me down on the bed.

"I...don't wanna sleep!" I exclaimed, jumping up and beginning to bounce on the mattress.

"Y/N, it's past midnight," Donnie explained, taking my hand and making me sit back down, "You need to rest."

"So do you," I responded, tugging on his hand and pulling him onto the mattress beside me, "Remember our deal?"

"...Yes, but I still have a lot of--"

"If you won't hold up your end of the deal," I interrupted, "I'll make you stay here."

I tackled him, laying across his chest and pretending to fall asleep. D rolled his eyes.

"Fine, I'll stay."

"That's better," I giggled and curled up beside him, falling asleep almost immediately.