Asking You Out- Raphael

You paced the length of the alley behind Murakami's. Raph had called about an hour earlier, asking you to meet him here. He sounded uneasy, pensive... something Raph never sounded like.
You thought about all the time you guys had spent together, the fun you had. Your memories brought you back to the night you first met, after he'd beat up some Purple Dragon scum.
You smiled faintly, then heard a rustle behind you. You whirled around to see Raph emerging from the shadows. You smiled as he came toward you praying you wouldn't embarrass yourself today.
"Hey."
"Hey."
You shifted your feet as you stood in front of Raph.
"So, why'd ya call?" You asked.
"I... don't know..."
"You don't know?"
"Nope..."
You rolled your eyes. This awkward barrier had been up between the two of you since that night when he had saved you from falling.
"Alright," you stated, walking up to him, "Then I have something to say."

Raph's P.O.V.
Y/N walked up to Raph, closing the distance between them. He really didn't know why he had called her. Raph thought he was planning on... telling her how he felt. But it was stupid. How could she like him back? He was too much of a jerk, too hotheaded... not good enough for a girl like Y/N.
The thoughts whirled around Raph's head, almost making him dizzy.
"If you're not going to say anything, I will," Y/N paused, before continuing, "I like someone."

Your P.O.V.
Raph's eyes widened, and you took a breath before you started again.
"I like someone a lot." You hoped your friend would get the message, that the person you liked was him.
"Who?" Raph asked, throwing your hopes of him figuring it out on his own into the trash.
You couldn't believe you had the guts to even say this.
"It starts with a y and ends with u," you replied, before you could filter your thoughts.
Raph frowned. "You... You shouldn't like that person."

Raph's P.O.V.
He couldn't take it. Raph really, really liked Y/N, but... he didn't want to hurt her.
"Why not?" Y/N demanded.
"Because... because I'm not good enough for you," Raph forced himself to say, "I'm too angry, and I don't deserve you--"
"Raphael," Y/N took hold of Raph's shoulders, "You're one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Trust me, I've seen a whole lot of jerks in my lifetime, and you are not one of them. I like you because you... are a hot head. You don't tolerate opposition."

Your P.O.V.
You couldn't believe you just confessed all of that openly. Raph looked into your eyes, and you smiled.
"Just answer this," you said, "Do you... like me too?"
"...Yeah," Raph admitted, and you smirked.
"Then what are you waiting for?"
"What do you mean?"
You rolled your eyes. "Ask me out, you dork!"

Raph's P.O.V.
It felt like a ton of bricks had been thrown off of him. Raph smirked in return, then said, "Fine, will you go out with me?"
Even though she'd already told him she returned the feelings, Raph found himself holding his breath. He'd never felt so anxious and unsure in his life. He hated it, but at the same time, accepted it.
"Thought you'd never ask," Y/N replied, hugging him. Raph hesitantly wrapped his arms around you. He breathed a slight sigh of relief. He had no problems right then. There was no Shredder, no evil mutants, no anger issues.
There was just him and Y/N.

Your P.O.V.
Best. Day. Ever. You leaned your chin on Raph's shoulder, not wanting him to let go of you. His strong arms held you tightly, and you could tell you were both really enjoying this. You finally broke out of the hug, but he took hold of your hand.
"Wanna get some food?" Raph gestured to Murakami's.
You smiled, e/c eyes full of content. "Of course."
The whole time you were with him, you couldn't keep the small smile off your face. Neither could Raph.

Alright! Two turtles down, two to go! You guys don't know how much I've enjoyed writing this!!!
Raph: yeah, you enjoy it so much you can't even come up with an idea for the next set of chapters. *crosses arms and smirks*
Me: *does bish please hand gesture* Raph, don't even. I got this! I'll just get ideas from the readers!
Raph: and how're ya gonna do that?
Me: like this. *turns to you guys* I need some ideas, peeps! I got an awesome idea, but it can't happen until you both have been dating for a while. Comment on what you want me to write about in these next few chapters. *turns to Raph* and that, my friend, is how you get ideas.
Raph: *throws hands in the air* that's it I gotta get outta here. *walks out*
Me: stay tuned for Mikey, mah lovelies! *waves excitedly* Bye!