{I Want You Back} - Michelangelo

"La la la la la la la la la...," I sang at the top of my lungs, covering my ears and squeezing my eyes shut.

"Y/N!" Mikey shouted over my commotion, cupping his hands around his mouth in a makeshift megaphone while he called up to me, "I know you can hear me!"

I crouched at the very top of the training fixture in the living room, having raced up just seconds before Mikey had begun trying to catch my attention. My heart ached at the pained tone in his voice, like it was wearing him down physically as well as emotionally to be away from me for so long, to not be able to hold my hand, or kiss me, or tell me he loved me without a defensive wall going up.

In fact, I also felt like the strain of being without Michelangelo was gonna kill me.

"I-I don't wanna talk right now, Mikey," I hesitantly retracted my hands, intertwining my fingers and pulling my knees up to my chest.

"I know what I did was wrong," He continued, ignoring my request, "I know I'm a big jerk for leaving the most beautiful and sweet and funny and awesome girl alone. Gimme a second chance, Y /N... I promise I won't goof up. You're the pepperoni to my pizza! The Anna to my Kristoff! The... well, I'm not the same without you!"

I held back the giggle that was tempted to break loose at his numerous analogies. Still, I held my ground, not daring to look down, should I have a sudden change of heart once I looked into those baby blues of his.

"...Y/N?" Mikey asked, a small worried whimper in his tone that made me want to leap down and give him a huge hug, "...I guess there's no other choice, then."

I crinkled my brow in confusion. What did he mean, no other choice? What was the last remaining option? He'd done everything in his power so far to talk me into forgiving him. What else could he possibly...?

I heard the static of a scratched CD. I jumped slightly, finally peeking over the edge of the training fixture to glance down at Mikey. I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from bursting out laughing.

There was Michelangelo, with goofy neon pink sunglasses on and a slightly dirtied bomber jacket from straight out of the eighties, his trusty boombox hefted onto his shoulders while he sang along to the song blaring, pointing straight at me while he belted out:

"Oh baby, give me one more chance to show you that I love you
Won't you please let me back in your heart
Oh darlin', I was blind to let you go
But now since I see you in his arms
I want you back
Yes I do now
I want you back
Ooh ooh baby
I want you back
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
I want you back
Na na na na!"

I giggled, covering my mouth to stifle my laughter, though Mikey caught my amusement immediately, lowering my sunglasses just enough to wink at me. I laughed even harder, catching my breath enough to holler, "What do you mean, 'in his arms'? I haven't left you, for goodness sake!"

The notion that I hadn't left him alone after all made the happiness in Mikey's grin increase tenfold, though he wasn't quite finished, spinning in a circle and continuing in a loud voice:

"Trying to live without your love is one long sleepless night
Let me show you, girl, that I know wrong from right
Every street you walk on, I leave tear stains on the ground
Following the girl I didn't even want around..."

At that point, I had made my way down the training fixture, holding in my giggles as I approached Mikey, slowly taking off his bright magenta shades.

"You didn't want me around before?" I teased, a playful smile making the corners of my mouth twitch.

"Hey, I didn't say the song was completely accurate," He defended jokingly, "It's catchy! And it got you to come down here to talk to me, didn't it?"

He poked me in my gut, making me laugh once more. Mikey removed the boombox from his shoulders and turned down the volume while I sought to calm my bout of laughter. I finally gazed up at him, biting my lip a little as I pondered what I was about to say next.

"I-I might've overreacted," I admitted, "It was an accident, after all..."

"No," Mikey insisted, mustering up the courage to gently take my hand, "Like Sensei said, I should've been more responsible. You're the most important thing in my life, my lady. If anything had happened to you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I promise you, I'll make sure I treat you like the princess you are."

I paused, before throwing my arms around my orange clad turtle's neck and kissing him, savoring the feeling of his lips on mine again. It felt like a lifetime since we'd last embraced, and I cherished every moment of it.

We finally pulled back from the kiss, and Mikey smiled lovingly at me, encircling my waist with his strong arms. I tugged at the fabric of his eighties jacket, and couldn't help mumbling, "You know, that song was actually released in the late sixties. If you really wanted to be accurate, you would've worn bellbottoms and a half-buttoned-up shirt."

"You honestly think I'd be able to fit this," He pointed behind him at his carapace, creating a bulge in the back of his coat, "Into a tight seventies shirt? Not a chance."

I giggled once more, adding softly, ""I missed you."

"And I missed you, my lady."

Song: I Want You Back, by the Jackson 5

Y'all better be grateful, I stayed up through the night to finish these chapters X'D