Teens No More - Raphael

I tiptoed into the kitchen, my bare feet cold against the concrete floor as I clutched the small box tighter in my hands. I peeked through the doorway to see Raph stooped over the counter, gingerly feeding MJ some lettuce leaves.

"Hey stranger," I said as I sauntered in, making him jump.

He smiled when he realized it was I who'd snuck up on him, and not one of his brothers. "Hey Beautiful."

I sat beside him, trading my box for the little turtle in his arms. I stroked MJ's carapace as he narrowed his eyes at the gift quizzically.

"What's this for?"

"Your Mutation Day." I tickled beneath my littler terrapin's chin.

"It's my Mutation Day?" He asked incredulously, looking up at me.

"...How could you possibly forget your...? Nevermind. Just open it."

He still looked confused as he slowly lifted the top off and peered inside, his eyes widening when he saw the turtle peering back up at him with a large red bow fastened around its shell.

"Holy cow!" He exclaimed as he carefully pulled the it out, cradling it close, "Where'd you.... How'd you... when did you...? Thank you!"

I giggled. "You kept talking about your other turtle, Spike. And I figured Mary Jane could use a little companionship--"

I was cut off when he smashed his lips into mine. I blushed once he pulled away from the kiss to say, "Thank you, Beautiful."

"Don't mention it, Raphie," I murmured back, setting MJ down beside Raph's new turtle. I grabbed a few more lettuce leaves, coaxing our pets to take a few tiny nibbles.

"So, what should we name him?"

I glanced back up at my boyfriend to see a conflicted look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Hm? Oh. Nothing," he replied, crossing his arms, "but I can't believe I'm... twenty now."

"Mm hm," I agreed, "Time sure has flown. I still remember spotting you in that alley a few years ago."

He nodded. "In another year, I'll be able to drink..."

"Though that hasn't stopped you in the past," I teased.

He shot me an amused smirk. "My point is, things are passing by really fast now. I'm technically an adult. And I'm still living with my family."

"You're thinking about moving out," I summed up absentmindedly, trying to get Raph's new friend to chomp on a bit of celery.

"Only if you would come with me."

My head snapped up to look at him. "You're serious?"

"Why would I joke about this?"

"...good point."

"Listen, I love you. And isn't that what people who've loved eachother for a while do? Get a house and live together?"

I paused, mulling over what he'd said. I finally leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Okay."

"Okay... what?"

"Okay, I'll move out with you."

"...Okay." Raph turned back to the two little terrapins waddling around on the kitchen counter and I shifted my gaze back to the pets as well.

"Anywho... what's his name?"

Raph was silent, thinking. "I think I'll go with Peter."

My eyes lit up. "Like... like Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker!"

He chuckled. "Might as well embrace your Spider-Man fetish. I'm gonna have to live with your constant fangirling, now that we're getting a place. Together."

We both shared a laugh, both of us secretly ecstatic for the future.

I will publish Mikey's chapter later!