Safety- Leonardo

So... I'm doing this from first P.O.V. now, because... I can do what I want XD enjoy! Sorry I've been M.I.A. for awhile, summer stuff, ya know?

Leo bounded across the roofs, over water towers and around sky lights, holding me securely the entire time. His eyes darted between me and the horizon, never wavering too long on one particular thing. My heart was still racing from the close encounter with the Foot, and the memory of the needle being plunged into my skin wasn't fading, but I felt pretty normal now. I opened my mouth, about to tell Leo the startling experience I'd had, but stopped myself as I saw his face, etched with focus, concern, and bravery.

I could tell he was barely holding himself together. I'd known him long enough to see what the uneasiness in his features meant. I sighed in confusion, and Leo looked down at me.

"Hangin' in there?"

"Hangin' in there," I replied, curling up closer to him as he hurdled over another obstacle. 

My regret and guilt was almost instant, but the reasonable half of me calmed the uneasiness inside of me. There hadn't been any side effects. There was no way the liquid could've contained a tracker, from the looks of it. The pains wracking my body before had already faded, leaving behind drowsiness. Apart from my heavy eyelids, I felt no different. I breathed deeply, managing to take the whole event into account. Nothing would happen. And if anything did, at least Leo would be there with me. 

A smile touched the corners of my mouth, as I glanced back up at my boyfriend, his muscled arms drawn tight around me. He seemed to be regaining his self-control, his dark blue eyes beginning to shift less worriedly. I sighed in, despite the craziness of it, happiness. As long as Leo was here, I didn't think I ad anything to fear. After all, my heart belonged to Fearless, and his courage seeped into me, giving me hope.