Not What It Seems- Donatello

I brushed my h/c hair away from my eyes as I worked on a calculation, watching Donnie work out of the corner of my eye on another experiment. I finished the equation and handed the papers over to him.

"Okay, if I'm correct," I started, "You should only need 2 more milliliters of Gallium."

Donnie skimmed his eyes over the numbers, looking back up at me with a smile, "That looks about right to me."

I grinned in return, and he kissed me quickly on the cheek before turning back to the Bunsen burner.

"Can you get me that graduated cylinder,  Wise Girl?" He asked casually, "it's in the cabinet right behind me."

I nodded, blushing a bit at his nickname for me as I walked over. I didn't think I'd ever get over the feeling I got when he kissed me, or talked to me, or looked at me. I took a deep breath as a sort of dreamy smile crept across my face, closing my eyes as I reached for the beaker.

"Here ya go, D," I said, turning back toward Donnie.

He turned, a small smile still on his face, but his grin quickly turned to a look of confusion, then shock.

"What the...?!" He exclaimed, looking down at the beaker in my hands.

"What?!" I cried anxiously, looking down at my hands-- which... weren't... there.

I mean, they were there, I just couldn't SEE them. The beaker looked like it was suspended in midair, but I knew I was gripping it tightly.

"Y/N! Why can't I see you?!" Donnie jumped up, looking in my general direction, "Are you... Are you invisible?"

I looked down at the rest of me, which seemed to have disappeared from sight as well. I backed up quickly, dropping the beaker with a crash!

I panicked, "Donnie, what's wrong with me?"

A shock ran through my spine, and I gazed down at myself again to realize I was once again visible. But  then my form sort of...flickered, like my body was a light trying to decide whether to go on or burn out. When I was visible, a violet haze would emanate from me, making me hyperventilate.

I kept backing up, expecting to hit the wall, but instead, I went right through it. It was like I was swimming through the concrete, and I resurfaced on the other side, outside the lab, falling and whacking my head against the ground. My vision went black.

*biting my fingernails due to my peaked anxiety*

Donnie: Annabeth! What's wrong with you?! You're a nervous wreck!

Me: Just.. wrote a... nerve-racking chapter... and... watched the... season 3 finale...

Donnie:...what?

Me: too many aliens... Splinter is... *faints from anxiety overload*

Donnie: O.O