Babysitting - Donatello

"Oh, c'mon sweet love, just take the bottle and I promise you'll feel better," I cooed to the tiny baby wailing in my arms.

She only pushed the bottle away, continuing to cry and making my heart break.

"Argh, I know you miss your momma, Stella, but until she gets back, you're stuck with me."

More tears and sobs.

I ran my hand down my face in frustration. "I can't take this anymore... maybe Donnie could help me."

I winced as the baby let out another cry, grabbing the stuff for her and heading out the door.

*le Time Skip*

"Help! Donnie!" I rushed into the lair, wiping away Stella's tears hurriedly as I raced toward the lab.

"What is it, sweetheart...?" Donatello walked out of his lab, instantly stopping in his tracks when he saw the tiny bundle I cradled, "IS THAT A BABY?!"

"No, it's Meghan Fox," I retorted sarcastically, setting my bags down and trying to calm down the little girl, "Please just help me get her to be quiet!"

(I just had to throw in a Trans Dimensional Turtles reference XD)

Donnie paused, walking slowly over to examine the infant. "...What's her name?"

I brushed my hair behind my ear as I rocked the baby, murmuring, "Stella. Her mom's out of town, and I promised to babysit."

Another lull in the conversation. Donnie bit his lip in hesitation before slowly easing the baby out of my arms, holding her protectively against his plastron as he swayed a little. Stella's screams trailed off, though she still whimpered sadly.

"She seems hungry," He concluded after a while, "Do you have a bottle?"

I nodded, digging through a bag, "But she won't take it. She's being very stubborn."

My boyfriend seemed lost in thought, gesturing for me to hand him the bottle as he reached over to touch the corner of Stella's mouth gingerly. Her lips opened slightly, finally accepting the bottle and stopping the tears.

I gaped. "How did you DO that?! I couldn't get her to calm down at all!"

"Simple reflexes," He explained, "An infant's first instinct is to search for food. By making contact with the mouth region, they'll naturally begin to reach for a food source."

I couldn't help but laugh in amazement, walking over to stand beside Donnie, "You amaze me, sometimes. Thank you."

He chuckled, gazing down at Stella with new interest, "No problem, Y/N."

The baby gurgled happily, her prior mood long forgotten as she reached up to place a tiny hand on Donatello's nose.Donnie laughed softly, looking over at me with a grin.

My lovelies, I have an announcement! 

Donnie: ...Is it a good announcement, or a bad one?

Me: It's an awesome announcement! I have a new baby cousin!

Donnie: O.o oh! well, that's... that's a really good announcement!

Me: *giggles* I know! Her name is Alexa Nicole, and she's the most precious thing ever!

April: *runs in* I heard 'baby'. 

Me: *laughs* I have a new cousin!

April: *gasps and fangirls with me*

Donnie: ...

Me: oh, right, there's other people here *sweat drop* Umm... any who, see you next chapter lovelies!