Teens No More - Leonardo

"Leo...Leo!"
Leo shot upright in bed, nearly bonking me in the head. I laughed, pressing my lips to his.
"Happy Mutation Day, Fearless."
He yawned, a sleepy smile creeping onto his face. "Thanks,Love."His eyes flicked to the clock on his bedside table. "Why in the world did you wake me up at 2 AM?"
"Splinter told me that's what time he remembered taking you four to this place for the very first time. I wanted you to be up for the moment you turned the big 2-0," I explained, reaching to the floor and pulling out a cerulean wrapping paper-covered box.
Leo raised a brow."Y/N, you know how I feel about gifts."
"Yes, I know. But how often do I actually listen to you?" I smiled mischievously.
He chuckled softly, reluctantly accepting the box and tearing of the paper. He gaped as he pried off the lid.
"Y/N, this is... this is... wow..."
"No need to thank me," I commented, grinning.
Leo studied his new set of twin katanas, shurikens, and mask. The swords gleamed, their metallic blades glinting, lacking any imperfections or scratches, though his name was engraved in Japanese along the hilts. The shurikens were neatly arranged in the tissue paper, the Hamato Clan symbol standing out in the center of each throwing star.Lastly, his new mask, a stark blue and not showing the least bit of wear.
"No need to thank you? This is amazing!" He cried, setting his new gear aside to pull me into an embrace. I smiled, gladly returning the hug. "The weapons are made from some advanced metal alloy Donnie found in a Kraang base. Nearly indestructible. You really like them?"
"Yes. Thank you, Love."
"Anytime, Captain." I pulled back slightly to give him another kiss.
Leo glanced down at the weapons, then around his small bedroom, hesitating for a moment. "Hey... do you think we should... find a place together? Maybe?"
My eyes widened in surprise. "...Really?"
"Sure," he answered, gaining more confidence in his proposal, "I'm twenty now. It's time I got around to living life without the family constantly around. And you're going off to college soon... maybe it's time we had our own place."
"Our own place...," I repeated, looking up at him, "But what about the team? You're their leader, after all."
"The guys will be fine if I'm not around 24/7. I could still drop by the lair for training and getting ready for patrols."
I beamed excitedly, warming up to the idea. "It sounds great! We could have a nice little home. And we could get a nice comfy sofa to sit on and watch movies and eat popcorn. Ooh! And our own bathroom! Oh my gosh, no more sharing a bathroom with six other people!"
He laughed, nodding in agreement. "Whatever you want, I'll make it happen. So what do you say? Do you want to get a place together?"
"Yes, yes, yes!" I exclaimed, "Of course!"
I hugged him tightly, barely able to contain my excitement. I faintly heard Leonardo murmur, "Best Mutation Day ever."