His Nightmare - Donatello

"Donatello, get away from me!" Y/N shouted, the angriest and saddest look on her face as she backed away from me, her hand out in front of her, keeping me at a distance.

"Please, Y/N, listen to me! I love y--"

"You NEVER loved me!" She cried, "It was always about April. I was just too naive to realize that."

My hands shook, and my knees weakened at each of her words. "You're the love of my life!"

"No," she said, tears gushing, "I'm just the side chick, the girl you dated out of pity."

And then April appeared out of nowhere, right beside Y/N, laughing right in her face.

"That's right, Y/N," she cackled, "You're a nobody. How could Donnie love you? You're weak and useless, and no matter how hard you try, you'll always be second best. Why would he want you, when he can have me?"

"NO!" I shouted, my own tears streaming now, "Don't listen to her, Y/N! She's lying! You're ten times the girl April is! A hundred times, even more! I love you! Please, don't do this!"

But the hurt look on her face said it all, as she cowered away from April, turning to me with tear-filled eyes.

"Goodbye, Donatello."

She turned on her heel, her form shaking with her sobs as she walked away from me.

"Y/N, no!" I pushed past April, running after my love, but she seemed quicker, striding into a black void, where she vanished from my sight.

"N-no..." I collapsed to my knees, finally overtaken by loss, "Y/N..."

I jolted awake, sitting up abruptly in my lab chair and staring at the salt water that dotted my keyboard.

Y/N jumped, looking up from her art book, "Whoa, you scared me!" She laughed, "You fell asleep and you looked so tired, I didn't..."

But her voice trailed off when she spotted my sadness.

"Hey," She stood and hurried over to me, cupping my face in her hands and willing me to look up at her.

I tried not to let my lip quiver as I pulled her close, moving her h/c hair away from her beautiful eyes.

"I love you," I stated, "More than anything. More than life itself. You're beautiful, intelligent, creative, everything I could ever dream of. You'll always be the first in my heart."

Her eyes seemed to well up with happiness as she hugged me, "And you in mine, Donnie," she looked up at me affectionately, a bit of a curious look on her face, "What happened? Did you have a bad dream?"

"It doesn't matter," I replied, placing a soft kiss on her lips, "What does matter is that you know I love you, and I always will."

She beamed, "I love you too."