His Nightmare - Raphael

"You monster!" Y/N shouted, pushing me back.

"Y/N, what did I do?!" I tried to step toward her, but the fury in her eyes stopped me in my tracks.

"What did you DO?!" She cried, "What have you NOT done? Because as far as I'm concerned, you've been nothing but a hotheaded, sarcastic, uncaring, impulsive idiot! All things I could never love."

I felt like my heart was being ripped in two. "I-I thought you loved me," I started, "I thought-"

"Well, you thought wrong," she interrupted, "Why would I love you? After all, you did hold a sai to my throat. Who DOES that?!"

"I didn't know that was you!" I exclaimed, beginning to become desperate, "You shape shifted, and I panicked!"

"You acted on impulse, like the hothead you are!"

"Y/N, stop! I love you! Don't leave, I -"

And then Y/N - my sweet, kind, rebellious-yet-reserved Y/N - smacked me across the face.

My eyes widened in shock as I cupped my stinging cheek.

"It's too late. You failed me, Raphael. And now I'm done with you." She glared hatefully at me. "This is your own fault. You did this to us. And now, you're the one who's gonna suffer from it."

My vision blurred with tears, but I stubbornly held them back, mumbling ashamedly, "I love you. That won't change. You're the only person I've ever truly loved."

"Maybe you should have thought about that before you ruined everything," She shot back, shoving past me, "Because now, you love someone who could never love you back."

She faded from view, the remnants of a murderous scowl contorting her otherwise gorgeous features. And I cursed myself for falling to the ground, a bawling mess.

"Y/N," I cried, "Y/N, come back. Y/N..."

"Y/N!" I shouted out as suddenly woke up, unfortunately jolting Y/N out of her sleep as well.

"What?! What?!" She sat up, "What's happening? Who's attacking us?"

I sighed, clenching my jaw to keep back tears, "Nothing's wrong."

"Then why are you so upset?" She threw the blanket off her legs and scooted closer to me, "Raph, talk to me. What's wrong?"

I hiccuped a little as I desperately kept the tears at bay, pulling her close and kissing the top of her head, murmuring into her hair, "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I almost attacked you a while ago. I'm sorry I'm so hotheaded all the time. I'm sorry that I love you, I love you unconditionally, when you can't love me, this angry, idiotic--"

"'Cant love you'?" Y/N pulled back to look at me, "Raphael, I love you more than anything in this universe. I love your hotheadedness, your passion. I know what happened a few weeks ago was an accident, and I don't blame you."

I smiled, unwillingly letting a lone tear fall down my face, which Y/N quickly wiped away.

"I'm sorry," I couldn't help murmuring one more time.

Y/N kissed me gazing at me lovingly as she said, "Don't be."