Getting Out- Michelangelo

Despite everything happening, the worm being held to your ear, the snickers from your bully, the other girls cringing in anticipation, a smile instantly plastered itself onto your face as Mikey ran over to you, knocking out the ninja beside you and cutting away your ties.

"Mikey!" you exclaimed in relief, stumbling into his arms. Whoa, you were more wobbly than you thought.

Mikey immediately brought you into a big hug, murmuring into your hair, "I thought I might never see you again, my lady."

You poked his nose with your finger. "I'm okay. You don't have to worry, my turtle."

A gunshot sounded, the bullet speeding past you and Mikey and ricocheting around the room. You yelped, and both of you turned to see Leonna, holding you at gunpoint.

"Oh look," she hissed evilly, "Looks like the little loser found herself another freak. How...quaint."

"He's is NOT a freak!" you shouted back, not even caring that Leonna had a gun in her hand. No one was going to call Mikey a freak. No one. "He's the sweetest guy I've ever met!"you continued angrily, "And I pity you for not having someone like him."

Leonna huffed, "Well... what're you gonna do about it?"

You turned to Mikey, a mischievous grin crossing your face. "Are we tired of her yet?"

"Yes, yes we are." Mikey grinned back, before flicking his kusarigama and knocking the gun out of Leonna's hand, and whacking her upside the head with his nunchuck. 

"You're the best boyfriend ever," you declared, wrapping your hands around his neck.

"You didn't have to stick up for me," he mumbled, a slight blush dusting his cheeks, as he added jokingly, "I'm supposed to be the one saving you here."

"I'm your girlfriend," you said matter-of-factly, "It's what I do."

Mikey smiled, and you returned the look, until you looked around the room frantically.

"What? What is it?" Mikey became worried again.

"Shredder," you responded, "He was in here a second ago. Where'd he go?"

Mikey frowned, and said, "We have to leave."

Before you uttered another word, Mikey had lifted you up, holding you securely against his plastron. You placed your hand on his arm as he hurried through the maze of deactivated Foot bots. As Mikey reached the shattered window, you inhaled deeply, taking the open air into your lungs.

"I never thought I'd miss the smog-filled air," you stated, and Mikey smiled again at you.

"No place like New York," he replied, kissing your cheek before leaping into the darkness, brothers in tow.