Found Out - Part 2

So. Getting the feeling I'm starting to lose reads... Well anyway, I'm beginning to brainstorm possible...marriage and baby scenarios...but other than that...I'm gonna continue with this idea!!

It was weird, not having to hide anymore.

The video of the Turtles, confirming every theory the humans had, spread like wildfire across the city. The news quickly got out to the rest of the nation, headlines blaring the announcement: MUTANTS DISCOVERED BENEATH CITY STREETS.

Not even a week had passed before the sewers were flooded with snoopy reporters, pinching their nostrils shut in disgust as they made their way to the location of the lair, which Angel hadn't hesitated to spill the beans on as well. Donnie and D/G dug up their own evidence on the pink-haired girl who'd ratted them out, informing the group that she was in fact a Purple Dragon, a favorite pupil of Hun. It was no surprise their secret was leaked so quickly.

When civilization finally discovered the abandoned subway tracks leading to the lair, the Turtles and their girlfriends, April, Casey, and Splinter were already waiting. Leo had insisted on not bringing weapons - these were innocent people, after all, not evil infiltrators.

But that wasn't the weird part.

The entire group caught their breaths as the captain of the NYPD appeared out of the crowd of reporters, two lab coat-clad scientists flanking him as they made their way to the front of the mob, directly in front of the mutants and their human allies.

Splinter stepped forward, calm and collected, despite the hammering hearts of each of the members of his family.

"We mean you all no harm," He stated to the dozens of newscameras and people, "We have protected this city for four years, and all we ask is that you leave our family in peace. We are not test subjects," He directed his voice to the two scientists, "And we believe we have just as many rights as you, citizens of New York City. So, if you are about to attempt to bring us out of our home to... experiment on us, study us... we will refuse."

"... Test subjects? Experiment? Study you?" The captain stepped forward, badge glinting in the faint light of the flashing lights from the photographers, "Mutants... and human allies... we aren't here to punish you. We're here to thank you! We've seen the footage - the Turtles are heroes! They've saved us from countless threats on the city. Why in the world would we repay you by making you our guinea pigs?"

"But...but don't you guys wanna experiment on us?" Mikey asked, confused as he squeezed M/G's hand.

One of the scientists adjusted her glasses and smiled. "It's true that we are curious about your creation - how you came to be what you are today - but we only want to ask a few questions. We have no intention of probing you with needles."

"No needles? Awesome!" M/G cried, excitement kicking in and causing her elated jumping-up-and-down to turn into a frenzied, high speed bounce.

"M/G! Don't!" L/G panicked, her nerves from the entire conversation making her own telekinesis kick in , half of the cameras - and people - beginning to float as she tried to calm her friend down.

"What the - what are you?" The captain's eyes widened as he took an uneasy step back.

R/G's temper flared.  "What are we? We're mutants, just like the Turtles! What, just because we don't look exactly like other mutants, and we have different abilities, now we're some sort of new species of freaks to you?! I won't stand for it!"

"R/G, stop!" Raph cried, helpless as R/G morphed into a lioness and growled menacingly at the crowd of reporters, making everyone jump back.

"Oh great. This is happening now? In front of all these people?" D/G mumbled to herself, "This is so embarrassing!"