Chapter 13

I finished all my homework after debating if I should even do it , god I hate high school it's much worse the second time around. I take my laptop out to the balcony and sit on the swing and do work for my legal and illegal businesses.

             Hours later it's almost time for this business dinner my brothers are having , I wonder if their from the legal or illegal business. I shower change and do my makeup at one point I heard the bell ring and multiple voices downstairs. Enzo comes up to get me and we head to the dinning room.

               As we approach I hear Alessandro tell the guest about how they have finally found me after all these years the guests all sound happy and excited to see me

As we approach I hear Alessandro tell the guest about how they have finally found me after all these years the guests all sound happy and excited to see me. " this is Noella our sorellina" Sandro says to the room filled with the boys friends from school and their parents multiple mafia dons in one room " Noa? " says the surprised French Mafia Don Andre as he gets up to hug me. I quietly whisper in this hear "they don't know" he looks at me with a face of understanding.

"How do you know each other " Sandro says , great another lie this is exhausting I'm not ready to tell them my past yet " when Maria went missing years ago I moved into the sweet old lady next doors house she was always like a grandmother to me " andre continues the lie by saying " she was my grandmothers cousin anytime whenever I visited LA I stoped and checked in on her and Noa was always there" they all nod and we sit down

As Sandro introduces the rest of the table to me " Bambina as you already know andre I'll start with his wife Colette " the tall thin blonde smiles sweetly at me " it's so nice to me you Noa I've heard a lot about you from Dre" ohhhh she knows the truth " hi Noella I'm Sofia Petrova and this is my husband Dimitri" strength radiates from this stunning brunette. " hello Noella I had been best friends with you're father since childhood, you look so much like him" Dimitri says with a strong Russian accent. I give home a small smile and nod. " this is our youngest daughter Anastasia " hi" the sweetest little girl with brown curls says to me and I say hello back with a smile.

I look to the last couple the Don of the Japanese Mafia and his wife. " hello Noella I'm Hiro Tanaka and this is my wife Akira " Akira softly smiles at me she seems shy. After introductions dinner moves along they haven't really talked business that probably has something to do with my presence, they've spent most of the time catching up on life.

I spend most of the dinner talking to Katya and Camille who are on either side of me, I'm trying very hard to ignore the icy blue eyes that have been boring into my soul. I've made eye contact a few time with Luka and each time my heart beats faster, I need to get a grip I can't afford to let love get in my way of success. Jesus why am I even thinking about love it's just a stupid crush, I need a cigarette.

After dinner we're all in the large living room sitting on couch's as the adults have a drink . The teenagers are mostly up stairs in the game room are theater room. Me I'm fake sleeping on Alessandro's lap hoping they'll talk business around me I have a feeling this meeting is about the new alliance my brothers have with the Mexican Mafia aka me.

Alessandro is brushing his hands trough my hair "she's asleep, I wanted to have this dinner because we've signed an alliance with the Mexicans they are helping us with the Irish" it seems I was right "you met with the don" a surprised Andre asks " no I talked on the phone with the second , he said the don was unreachable and on a mission". "Oh " was all Dre said in response " they're new don is strong many thought the mafia would fall under new leadership after Alejandro's death I mean no one knows who the don is and if they do they have been sworn to secrecy" Dimitri says

" I've tried getting an alliance a year after Alejandro's death but the new leader told me they weren't having a new alliances at that time " Hiro said that's true when I was new in my position I keep my circle tight with people I knew I could trust not saying Hiro is untrustworthy he was just a stranger. I was a grieving orphan with the world on my shoulders. They continue talking for a hour about business and reaching out to me for alliances I'm bored with fake sleeping and I've this conversation so I fake wake up cuddling into Alessandro which who surprisingly is very good at giving cuddles.

Sandro lifts me up bridal style and walks me up to my room " change and head back to sleep Bambina you have school in the morning " he kisses my forehead and goes back downstairs. I'm getting comfortable here I just feel so safe ugh keeping my walls up gets harder and harder day by day. I get a text on my phone I check it and see it's from Dre.

ANDRE: Nice job fake sleeping , you deserve a
Oscar

NOELLA: I'm writing my acceptance speech
right now

I change in to sleep clothes and get in my comfy bed and trying to fall sleep I hear my door open I fake sleep again but stay alert to this unknown presence in my room, the walk towards the side of my bed lean over and kiss my cheek " goodnight принцесса".