Chapter 48

Luka Petrova POV

I think it's been more than 24 hours since I woke up in this dark concrete room but with no windows it's hard to tell how long it's truly been. I still can't believe I've been kidnapped. I had just got out of my meeting at my restaurant when I climbed into my suv thinking it was my driver Dima in the vehicle I never looked up from my phone and the emails I was sending .

I didn't realize until it was too late then all I felt was a needle prick in my neck from the back seat and all I saw was darkness. I woke up in this room in a metal chair bolted to the ground my arms and legs in chains also bolted to the ground .

After faking sleep for two and a half hours Marku made his presence known and threw ice water on me . Our conversation went something like he's gonna kill me and then force Noella to marry him blah blah blah to which I replied I will kill him if he touches her oh and I called him a pussy .

He didn't like that too much and then had his men beat me . I woke up a few hours later . I definitely have a few broken ribs my nose also and some other minor injuries.

I just miss Noa I hope she's taking this ok. I also hope she isn't blaming herself . And Noa better not do something reckless. Ugh this is annoying I've tried to pull on the chains but its no use there really bolted in their tight .

Ricardo Moretti POV

It's been a few hours since Mi Principessa left the dinning room to head to her room for rest . I decided to go check on her . When I got to her room I opened the door and her room was empty I checked her bathroom then her closet not finding her I alerted my sons and our friends and then began searching the estate .

After thirty minutes we have searched the entire estate and Romeo is now checking the security cameras. " the last footage is her entering her room the next time any one goes in or out is dad going to check on her ." I shake my head in disbelief.

I grab my phone dialing her number only her phone goes straight to voicemail. I decided to call Javier
" hello " " Javier where is my daughter " I hear him sigh before a door closing I put my phone on speaker so everyone can here " look she got a call from someone close to Marku with insider knowledge about where Luka's being held . We grew up with this person but she doesn't completely trust him so she didnt want to involve you all "

I pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance
" we are allies and family why on earth would she do this alone " " for the exact reason you just said . family . She wont be able to live with herself if one of you got hurt based on something she really isn't sure she can trust ."

" has she always been like this ?" " no , after the suicide mission we went on to kill the people's resonsible for the massacre that killed our family Alejandro drilled into her head that as leader she is responsible for everyone's lives that and every decision she makes can cost someone their lives . After that she became more protective and cautious to be honest I'm surprised she called Diego and i to come on this mission ."

" please watch out for her I can't lose her again ."
" I will do my best but she is a force to be reckoned with and also my boss." " contact me when it's over". I hung up and sat on the couch with my head in my hands .

Luka Petrova POV

I think another 24 hours has gone past but I'm not sure , Marku had his men vist me again to beat me up I had passed out again and when I woke up I was unsure how long I was out .

I hear some shuffling from outside the door which is probably what woke me up . I hear the lock on the door turning and the door open I kept my head hanging looking at my feet . I hear soft steps coming towards me and then tugging on the chain attached to my right hand .

I don't understand why Marku's men would be unchaining me I'm not that weak I definitely will put up a fight I continue to pretend to be sleeping waiting to attack when thier guard is down . From the foot steps alone I can tell its only two men .

I continue my act asleep one of the men unchain my limbs and the other stays by the door shifting from one foot to the other nervously. Why is he nervous . As I continue to question these men in my head the one unchaining me finally speaks in a soft whisper . " so how the fuck am I supposed to carry his fat ass by myself?" I instantly recognize this voice to be Diego .

" what are you doing here ?" I say raising my head which in turns makes Diego jump " Jesus dude how long have you been awake " " since before you two entered." " great I don't have to carry you anymore let's go " " wait where's Noa ?" I see them look at each other hesitating .

" tell me right fucking now where my girlfriend is before I shoot the both of you " I hear Javi sigh before finally saying the one thing I hoped he wouldn't " she went after Marku , Alone ".

" why the fuck would you let her do that " " she's our boss she ordered us the rules are different in our mafia defying a direct order is punishable by death no matter my rank ." I shake my head annoyed she would do this I know she's one of the strongest people in the world but Marku plays dirty .

" hand me a gun I'm going after her ." Diego reaches behind his back to grab a handgun handing it to me " we're going with you Hopefully this doesn't end in my death " " I'll vouch for you ." We start making our way through the basement all I keep thinking is I hope where not to late.