Chapter 60

Today is Luka and I's Engagement Party , Lu's parents Dmitri and Inessa Petrova are the ones throwing us the party . Inessa has been so excited to plan everything but she refuses to tell Lu or I anything. All she has told us is a hair stylist, makeup artist  and stylist will show up and get me ready .

        She picked out my dress and what Luka is gonna wear . Knowing her she gonna put him in something other than black . I have only ever seen lu in black , but Inessa is always trying to get Luka to wear color . Apparently it's been a fight since he was three and started having an opinion .

       After we're done getting ready lu , I and all my family with head to the secret venue in a large party bus. Not all of my family in Italy could make it to the party and that's ok as long as they make it to the wedding I'll be happy .

      Maria's family the American mafia are coming to the party which is nice , I'm excited to see them despite how close we live to each other , them living in New Jersey , we really don't get to see them much .  We all just have such busy lives it's crazy .

        Inessa even reached out to tons of my friends in Mexico to invite them . Which is great because even though I go to Mexico once every like two months maybe more I rarely get to see them when I'm there. I'm just so busy with work when I'm in Mexico.

           Currently I'm getting my hair and make up done in the living area of our apartment upstairs in the estate . Luka is sitting on the couch doing some work on his laptop . Apparently there's been some small gangs in Russia causing issues and it has really been stressing Luka out .

          I went through a similar thing about a year ago it was around the time we got oldie back when I had gotten a call and had to jump on a plane to deal with those small gangs that tried and failed to overthrow me .

         I've given some advice to Lu and he was thankful for it but I can tell he wants to do this on his own . It's the real first issue in his time as don. Luka really wants to prove to Dmitri and the mafia that he's a strong leader and can handle anything that comes his way.

        I did the same when I took over , I think all new dons go through this but only the great ones learn from and change this habit. I'm grateful I can be here to support Luka through this time as he gets his feet on the ground .

       " I'm going to fly to Russia in the morning to deal with this head on " I look over to Luka as he speaks from the couch " that's a good idea Lu if you need anything call me , either as your fiancé or allies." Lu walks over to me and kisses my temple.  " thank you lyubov ( love) I'm going to take a shower and get ready ."

        As Lu makes his way into the bathroom my phone rings I look down to see it's Javi calling me . " hello"
" I spoke with the president of the MC and scheduled a meeting in two weeks it was the only time that could work for both of us if you remember. "  " yes Javi I remember, you know sometimes you treat me like I'm a gold fish . I have a great memory "  .

        " whatever Noella , I'm going to get ready"  before I could reply Javi had already hung up on me so rude. After another twenty minutes the makeup artist and hairstylist was finished . I got up and got into the dress with the help of the stylist.

         The hairstylist did a slicked back ponytail and the makeup artist did a beautiful job

         The hairstylist did a slicked back ponytail and the makeup artist did a beautiful job . My favorite part was my eye makeup it looks stunning . Inessa picked out a very pretty dress I loved it but i think Lu loved it more and they way it hugs my body . I was also right Inessa did put Luka in a blue suit and he looks so hot .

       Lu didn't complain too much because the blue was close to black and he didn't have to wear a tie only a beige turtleneck . Once we were both done getting dressed a photographer took some pictures of us before we headed downstairs to meet up with everyone.

      " wow principessa you look stunning " oldie says as he hugs me when I reach the bottom of the stairs .
" dads right sorellina you look beautiful " Alessandro commented. " can we get going I'm hungry " Rocco says grumpily . If we don't get Rocco some food soon he may turn into the hulk .

       On the bus Lu and I sat next to my brother Tommaso and his girlfriend Gisela .  " I'm glad you're happy Mas " I whisper in his ear Tommaso's lips turn up slightly for have a second before returning to his usual blank face and he nods at me .

         On the other end of the bus Romeo and my twin Alessio as doing karaoke and sliding up and down on the stripper pole . I still can't believe those two idiots have girlfriends. Lorenzo and Andreas are giggling and whispering in each others ears and completely oblivious to the rest of us .

         And oldie he looks to be texting someone. Hopefully it's Mama Evie , she'll be here tonight also I wish they would both tell me already if the date went well . I knew I should have installed hidden cameras on their date , this what I get for respecting someone's privacy. Never again.

         We arrived to the party a few minutes ago and Inessa outdid herself

         We arrived to the party a few minutes ago and Inessa outdid herself. The party is stunning. On one side you have five long tables for dinner and on the other end is a DJ and a dance floor for later on. There is also twinkly lights everywhere I love it . Seeing all of this just gets me so excited for our wedding .

       Halfway through dinner Dmitri stands up to make a toast to Luka and I " hello everyone thank you to all that could be here to celebrate the engagement of Luka Petrova and Noella Garcia Moretti, I know many of you had to travel to be here with us and we are all grateful. From the moment Luka laid eyes on Noella a little over one year ago he just knew she'd be his wife

          He even told me so , that day after Noella's first day of school here in New York , Luka came home and sat in my office and said , "dad I met my future queen today , she beautiful , smart , kind and powerful " one year later I would say there is over a hundred different words to describe Noella but I would have to say those four are at the top of the list .

        The minute I met Noa I new she would also be Luka's wife not only did I see the way he looked at her but I knew my son would be the luckiest man in the world to be the husband of Noella Garcia Moretti. I want to thank Noa for loving my son and being his equal partner.

         You have been by his side from the beginning and I'm grateful my boy had a good woman to hold his heart I'm very happy to have a daughter in law like you . Here's to the future Mr and Mrs Petrova May you have a life full of happiness , love and success " .

         I'm blown away by Dmitri words I knew he liked me but I never knew that was how he viewed me . I'm grateful to be marrying in to a wonderful family that truly supports me as much as they do their son .

        After dinner we all headed out onto the dance floor . At some point I took my heels off and ditched them somewhere to dance with everybody . This night has been incredible . I can't wait to be Luka's wife and he my husband. I can't wait for a lives to begin.