Chapter 74

The flight was long I slept for a bit but mainly got work done on my laptop . We landed here in New Zealand earlier this morning, Luka is still ignoring me . When we arrived to our temporary base of operations, an old boarding school that was shut down years ago but purchased by Byron's family.

     Luka took a room for himself, he did it when no one else was looking but I saw . I haven't seen Byron since we arrived either , I probably won't . Javi went to meet with him shortly after settling in , i decided to head to the gymnasium to continue training with some of my old friends and current heirs to my allies.

     I just wish Luka would yell at me already , at least then I'd know what he was thinking. The fucking silent treatment is only causing me to spiral in my head . Which is also the last thing I need before I'm gearing up to face off with the man who ruined most of my childhood.

      I just need to understand what he's feeling , are we over ? Does he hate me ? I .... I just... Fuck! I can't keep doing this . I know I'm in the wrong but we were supposed to be getting married. He can't just go silent on me when shit happens , we need to communicate and fix our problems.

        Fuck! He's so done with me , I just know it . He finally came to his senses. He's probably gonna just ignore me this whole time and then when we get back home if I get back home he'll end this with me for good . He'll probably end up marrying some beautiful girl with no fucking baggage , they have a bunch a kids a nice comfortable life with no drama .

          I'll end up being Byron and watch the person I love , love someone else . It's my karma for what I did to Byron . I wasn't meant to be loved , I'm a Donna and that's all I'll ever be . I was fooling myself to ever think other wise .

     Next thing I know I'm laying on the mat of the gymnasium floor with an aching jaw and a laughing Nikolay Kolev , heir to the Bulgarian mafia standing over me

     Next thing I know I'm laying on the mat of the gymnasium floor with an aching jaw and a laughing Nikolay Kolev , heir to the Bulgarian mafia standing over me . " what the fuck you thinking about so hard that I was finally able to knock you on your ass Noa" Nikolay asks still laughing but holding a hand out to me .

     I try my best to ignore him as I walk over to sit on the stage and drink some water . " oh come on don't ignore me you know I'm a great confidant." I sigh before probably making the worst decision of my life . " Luka isn't speaking to me ."

    " why ? " I look away and say " I told him about Byron right before we left ." He raised is eyebrows
" ohhhh" I sigh " yep " I say poping out the P . " and what did he say when you told him about Byron".
" nothing , he just walked out of the room after I finished speaking. He hasn't even looked at me since ."

     I also tell Nikolay about the thoughts I was having while we were sparing . Nikolay and I have always had a complicated friendship, we're able to have serious deep conversations about insecurities but we can often but heads at times .

     Well that last part is more recent, shortly after I ended things with Byron and before I moved to New York and reunited with my brothers, Nikolay tried to kiss me . He also confessed to being in love with me . When he tried to kiss me I knee'd him in the nuts .

      I also told him to get over me and not end up like Byron , I'll admit Nikolay hides his feelings a lot better , often using humor . But there are times when I catch him looking at me when he thinks I don't see him . That fucking look in his eyes kills me each time . I don't and never have felt that way towards him .

     " look it's just your insecurities talking , Luka probably just needs time to come to terms with the bomb you dropped. To be honest Noa , you tend to just drop bombs when only it's convenient for you or you're forced to . You're not big on the whole sharing thing."

   " but I do tell Luka , hell he knows more about things that's happened to me then anyone else ." Nikolay sighs " but you only told him about Byron because you had to come to New Zealand , you only told him about Marku because he started sending his gifts again , and you only told him about Ivan when it was convenient for you."

   " fuck you Nikolay, I told him about Ivan when I did because I was scared he'd blame me . You don't get to use the things I've told you in confidence against me to make your argument." " so your just gonna ignore the other two reasons I gave you ? Come on Noella have so accountability."

    " I've never claimed to be perfect Nikolay , I also know I'm in the wrong with Luka but your being unreasonably argumentative. I only wanted to get stuff of my chest not be belittled by you ." He shakes is head and sighs aggressively " I understand why Byron never wants to see you again ."

     I punch him straight into the face , that's definitely gonna leave a black eye behind . " fuck you , when your done with your temper tantrum let me know ." I walk away even more frustrated, I know he hates talking about Luka's and I's relationship but he just keep asking me and I just blurted rut out without thinking.

     Just before I make it into my room I bump in to Alessandro , great just what I need . Fucking Alessandro always knows when something's wrong with me it's annoying as hell . Can't he just let me suffer in silence . I have to many brothers , is it to late to have them put up for adoption.

     Alessandro grabs my hand and drags me into his room , where the rest of my annoying brothers are sitting on the couch waiting for us . Great just absolutely fucking great , just what I need an intervention from my overprotective brothers. My only saving Grace is oldies back in Mexico so I won't have to watch him cry like a baby again.

     " ok we've all noticed some weird energy coming from you and Luka on our way here to New Zealand , so just come out and say it . Do we need to bury a
body " I laugh at my twin brother Alessio , fuck I haven't spent enough time with him lately . I sigh and settle myself on the arm chair facing them all and tell them exactly what I said to Nikolay downstairs. Only this time they just listen, and don't shame me for my actions and we spend the rest of the night laying in Alessandro's bed eating snacks and watching movies.