Chapter 57

It's been a few weeks since Luka and I got engaged we've been busy with getting back to work and celebrating our engagement and the news about my future nephew or niece .

In the past few weeks we even learned that Selena is farther along than we thought . In just a couple more weeks we'll get to learn the gender of this bambini . I'm so excited and as godmother Selena and Alessandro have asked me to plan the gender reveal party.

Also my future in laws Dmitri and Inessa Petrova are planning an engagement party for us next week. Some of my friends back in Mexico are traveling to attend. Inessa has refused to give me any other details on the party and even picked out my dress for me .

Anyways I'm laying in bed with Lu we're having a lazy morning before we start a really busy day . "Your bed head is really cute." I shake my head a Lu and cuddle up closer to him and trying not to blush .

Lu leaves kisses all over my face on my nose , my forehead , my cheeks , etc . "I have to go to work." "No, you have to stay in bed with me." " I wish принцесса but I have meetings all day and the first one is in an hour and a half so let's get up and get ready have breakfast together."

Lu and I head into the shower together to save time but ultimately we were in there for much longer than anticipated if you know what I mean . We got changed and sat down to eat breakfast together .

      After a half hour Lu and I were both out the door and off to our busy day

After a half hour Lu and I were both out the door and off to our busy day . Lu headed to the Russian mafia base for back to back meetings all day and I headed off first to my base for a meeting with Javi and Diego .

Walking into the base everyone bows in respect to me . It used to make me so uncomfortable and I wanted to change it but I was reminded that the act was a tradition started by my dads great great great grandfather when he started the mafia .

Before I made it to my office I ran into Azul Delgado , Diego's boyfriend and one of my best capos and his younger brother my friend Ariel . Ariel was my first friend I ever made in Mexico we were very close until I moved to Seattle with Javi and Diego a few years ago .

It's not that we had a falling out in fact when ever were together we're just as close as we once were it's just different and awkward at times especially at work . I'm Ariel's Don he's an assassin for the mafia and works directly under his brother Azul's command.

Ariel and I had the hardest time adjusting to our change in positions in terms to each other . I have never treated Ariel differently outside of work but when we're at work I expect his respect and obedience to my orders like I do with everyone else . It's been better ever since he officially moved to New York .

Azul and half of his command have moved here to New York just recently. The whole Delgado family have decided to make the move also . Which I'm excited for , Juan Delgado was my dads best friend since birth and a great capo until he died protecting me on a mission something I have always felt guilt for .