Chapter 50

I woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfect, invading my nostrils. The room was silent apart from my heavy breathing and the beep beep sound you often hear in hospitals that indicates you're alive. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting in attempt to clear my blurry vision.

I glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white colour schemed med wing room. How long have I been here? I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. Then it all hits me with a bang. The memory of it all starts to occupy my thoughts.

Marku is dead . I almost died . Luka is safe . I keep repeating those three sentences over and over in my head . I have no clue what day it is or what time of day it is . I've been lying here in this uncomfortable bed awake for an hour I think . For some reason there is no clock in this room .

First thing I'm doing after I get out of here is ordering new comfortable beds and clocks for every room the med wing . After another half hour a nurse walks into the room and is startled to see me staring back at her . " I'll go get the doctor Donna " the nurse says and bows at me before leaving again.

A few minutes later the doctor whose name I think is Hector or something like that I really don't know the med staff here in New York that well . " Nice to see you awake Donna " he greets with a bow . I nod in reply " how long was I out for ?"

" you were asleep for four days it is currently four am your father forced everyone to go home around one am after them all being here since you were brought in." I nod acknowledging him " what are my injuries?" " a bad concussion , two broken ribs ,a lacerated kidney a dislocated shoulder, significant blood loss and also many bruises and cuts . "

The doctor does a check up on my wounds and vitals before telling me he'll be back in late morning. I decided to get more sleep cause this concussion is just killing me . The next time I wake up I keep my eyes closed due to the amount of sunlight on my face I can tell is mid morning.

All of my brothers , oldie and Luka are in the room and talking . Javi and Diego are probably working since I'm out of commission. " when is she gonna wake up it shouldn't take this long " I hear Alessio saying .
" her body is exhausted from the days prior to the attack , having two major panic attacks and the amount of emotional stress she was under is having I'll effects."Lorenzo replies.

" I'm glad Marku is dead and she can finally put this behind her ." Luka says and I hear him get up from his seat and walk over to the bed I'm lying in . Luka brushes my hair with his hand and leans down and kisses my head . I guess right now is a good time to announce I'm awake .

"I love you Noella ". "I love you too Luka " I hear several gasps and what sounds like a stampede come rushing over to my bed . " morning " I say opening my eyes as if it's a regular morning at the estate . The all start talking at once . Not helping the concussion at all . Oldie eventually get shuts them up .

" how long have you been awake ?"he asks kissing my forehead. " around three or four last night and about an hour right now. " " why didn't you say anything?" " my head hurts I don't really want to talk just sleep but you all were talking so loud ." They all shake their heads at me but go sit back down quietly to let me sleep more .

I wake up again around dinner time only Luka is in the room with me and some food to eat . " I got Panera I thought I could feed you to save up your energy " . " how are you feeling what are your injuries ." " I'm fine малыш(baby) I've had worse beatings in training . I let you know if I'm not thought ." I smile at him slightly.

After dinner Luka climbs into bed with me and we end up watching reruns of Jersey shore and cuddling. Eventually we ended up falling asleep . I've missed sleeping next to him . He told me he sleep next to me every night except for the night I woke up apparently oldie made everyone go home cause they were stinking up the room .

After four more days in the med wing at my base the doctor finally discharged me . Luka is driving me home saying oldie has a surprise for me and him . I'm pretty sure he knows what it is and won't tell me . I don't like surprises everyone knows this but still keeps surprising me .

When we pull up at the estate everyone is standing at the door my brothers , Luka's family and our friends . Oldie comes over to my car door and helps me out and hugs me " I'm so happy you're home " .

After greeting everyone oldie take me and Luka inside to see the surprise. We head into the elevator and oldie hits the top floor which leaves me confused since the top floor is just attic space at least that's what Alessio told me .

When the elevator opens to a set of bay windows with a beach seat and built in shelves and a set of white double doors which are closed . " what is this " " just wait " oldies says leading us to the double doors .

Entering through the doors to my right I see a kitchen / living room set up and to my left I see another set of couches and arm chairs a fireplace then on a platform is a king size bed and another white door .

Oldie takes us to the white door up on the platform inside is a very nice bathroom and a very large walk in closet with mine and also Luka's clothes in it . I look to Luka and oldie very confused the concussion is definitely not helping my confusion.

" we'll I sort of over heard a conversation between you and Luka after you're birthday . You too were talking about potentially moving out together and well I panicked I only just got you back I'm not ready to give you up just yet . So I took the attic space and turned it into a studio apartment for the two of you . When you were in the med wing I talked to Luka about it and he agreed it would be nice for you not to have to leave us and still have your own space for your relationship."

I smile at oldie and hug him . When Luka and I had that conversation I expressed to him how much I wanted to live with him but that I wasn't ready to leave oldie and my brothers . Luka was accepting and understanding of this , but now i can have the best of both worlds shout-out Hannah Montana .

" thank you so much I love it . " I say ending the hug " come see the balcony ." We walk back out towards the kitchen area to sliding glass doors . The balcony is beautiful it has a hot tub and a drop down tv screen . After looking at everything oldie leaves us to settle in and for me to get rest .

       I'm so glad to be home I'm out of work for six weeks which I'm pretty sure oldie threatened my doctor to say to me

I'm so glad to be home I'm out of work for six weeks which I'm pretty sure oldie threatened my doctor to say to me . Cause I've been shot in the abdomen before and back to work three days later , but I'll take this time to spend with my family Luka and our friends . Also probably some therapy .

Luka and I eat a late lunch early dinner and get into our new bed and watch some tv and cuddle. We talk a bit about the kidnapping my point of view and his . Around seven we both end up falling asleep .