Chapter 40

After a long day at work today and yesterday the party is in a few minutes and guest will start arriving soon. At breakfast I explained to everybody that today is Alejandro's birthday and every year we host a party to celebrate his life with all his closest friends and in a few days will be the anniversary of the massacre and we will go to the cemetery and vist our family members.

 At breakfast I explained to everybody that today is Alejandro's birthday and every year we host a party to celebrate his life with all his closest friends and in a few days will be the anniversary of the massacre and we will go to the cemetery an...

The party's been going on for a few hours now it's nice to catch up with the people who loved Alejandro . My family has been very supportive today especially oldie I'm so great full to have had both of them in my life .

As I make my way with oldie over to my brothers some one grabs my wrist when I turn I see Alvaro Perez " what are you doing here " I ask shocked " some one wanted to come and I wouldn't let them come with out me and I also thought we could talk about that alliance " I nod my head at him " who wanted to come ? " he smiles sadly at me before turning to the side .

I take a breath instantly knowing who this women is " Valeria " she smiles shocked that I know her name I hold her hand before saying " Dad talked about you a lot you were the love of his life he never dated another women after everything happened he said just the idea hurt him beyond belief. he loved you till his last breath I have a journal for you it's filled with letters he wrote for you through the years including his last when he knew he was dying . "

She smiles sadly at me with tears in her eyes " he was the only man I ever loved I raised my sons to be like him and told my daughters of the man they should look for love in to be like Ale I wish our story ended differently but I'm great full for my children and I imagine he is of you ." I smile at her and hug her " no wonder I like Alvaro so much " I say laughing as does she .

A little while later I make a speech " hello everyone thank you for coming it means the world to me Javi and Diego that you all could be here . When I met Dad i came to learn he was a man loved by many respected by many and well maybe feared by mean also . These years with out dad have been hard . Hard isn't a good enough word to describe it a world in which dad isn't here is a dull world . Everyday I have tried to live instead of just making it through to the next just like he did . Dad was the life of the party even though he would never touch a lick of alcohol he believed a life filled with only work was a miserable life and one thing about Alejandro Garcia no matter the lows he experienced he always celebrated the highs in extravagance. That's why we celebrate his birthday every year with this party cause it is what he would have wanted ".

The party ended somewhere around 4 am
As I make my way to my room I see oldie siting on the balcony and remember about the gift dad wanted me to give oldie when I found him . I enter dads room , Its very rare I come in here the memories being too strong . I head over to the walk-in safe in his closet after entering the passcode I walk in and grab the gift box and lock the safe.