Chapter 18

It's the next day and I'm waiting in my car for Luka. I want to show Luka something really important I just hope this goes well. Luka comes out and gets in the car saying good morning. I turn down the long driveway and head towards the gate the Italian guard nod their head and the Mexican guards bow their heads in respect. Luka asks where we're headed I just tell him not to worry .

       As I pull up to the private jet I see the confusion on his face and just tell him to go with it

As I pull up to the private jet I see the confusion on his face and just tell him to go with it. As we buckle up he tells me " I have no baggage and many meetings tomorrow " I nod and tell him " we'll be back by tonight".

Luka and I spent most of the flight talking and playing scrabble which he is surprisingly good at. We finally land and exit the plane a Mercedes s-class is waiting for us i jump in the driver seat and pull away. Luka looks to the the left seeing a welcome to Vancouver, British Colombia " we're in Canada ?" " yep " I say poping out the p.

        We pull up to a house in a quiet neighborhood I park on the side of the street turn the car over unbuckle and turn my body in my seat towards Luka

We pull up to a house in a quiet neighborhood I park on the side of the street turn the car over unbuckle and turn my body in my seat towards Luka. He looks at me confused " I haven't talked about this ever not even to Alejandro and I told him everything " Luka furrows his brow " when I was 7 in the Institute I received a new roommate in my cell. He was a scared boy who wanted his big brother I tried my best to comfort him without giving him false hope . we got close fast he was my bestfriend he told me all about his family , I told him about Maria he would tell me that when we got out his family would take me in or he'd go on strike , his name was Ivan " I hear Luka gasp I look up with tears in my eyes " I'm so sorry when you told me about you're brother I wanted to tell you so bad but I was scared and I wasn't ready to tell this story but you wanted closure and I can give you that if you want ?"

Luka stays silent staring out the window for several minutes. " I'm ready " I sadly smile before beginning " months into Ivan's stay at the institute we found out the girl in the cell across from us was pregnant. She was raped by a guard for failing to complete a mission in the allotted time frame.

One day she gave birth with no help we watched for hours as she painfully gave birth we were relieved when the baby was born it was over but we were wrong 5 minutes later her contractions started again and 10 after that she gave birth to a second baby but something was horribly wrong she was bleeding and talking gibberish . Ivan and I started screaming for help minutes later one of the guards came dow to tell us to shut up but we pointed at the girl Laura