Chapter 70

It's been a little over a week since the funeral for Abriel and Leya. The kids are settling in well in the guest house with Lorenzo and Andreas. We've even told everyone about Lorenzo and Andreas adopting Rafael and Marisol . Everyone was very shocked but very happy for Lorenzo and Andreas , and sad for the kids who experienced such a tragedy at a young age .

        I think the best reaction was definitely from oldie . The old guy was bawling like a newborn baby . It's honestly surprising how emotional that guy is . I mean he was a mafia don for many years and a powerful one at that . You wouldn't know it if you saw him at that dinner bawling and hugging his second born son . Enzo is definitely the most affectionate of the siblings and even he looked uncomfortable .

      On another note so far we have zero sightings of Tobias Galanis since I saw him on the street. We believe he is back to wherever he's been hiding all these years . Based on the evidence I found in his brother Theodoros home we believe the place to be an island. My old team from the institute and I have been reading through his old journals trying to find any lead or the location of the island.

        There's a ton of journals written in only Greek which only my team can read. It's honestly taking forever for us to get through them . A lot of the things written in the journals can be very triggering to my team and I , so it's hard to get through them . I also have all my regular mafia work to do. There just isn't enough hours in a day .

         We're currently having breakfast together before we separate for the day . Oldie is taking mine and Ivan's twins , novella , Anastasia Petrova , Rafael and Marisol to the beach with the help of mama Evie . The kids have been so excited for the past two days since oldie told them . Luka and I have managed to make time to spend with the twins while they've been here in Mexico .

      We've all been so busy that it's hard to make the time to spend with them . I just feel so guilty , this is the second time I've had to uproot their lives out of nowhere due to people coming after me. First was Marku and now Galanis , all Ivan ever wanted was for them to have a normal live away from the mafia . I feel like I'm failing him .

      " Noa what are you doing today ?" Alessandro asks me from the other end of the table as he rubs his hand on Selena's very visible bump. " reading more journals" they all nod in return . As Alessandro goes to say something my phone rings silencing the table . I answer the phone after seeing it's the capo I left in charge in New York while I'm in Mexico .

     " si Gael " "hola Donna a package was delivered this morning from Tobias Galanis, we searched it for explosives or bugs and found nothing . There's a letter and video tapes what shall I do with them ?" " send someone on my plane to hand deliver it to me " " si Donna they'll be there in a few hours ."

           I hang up the phone and see everyone waiting patiently for me to tell them what the phone call was about . " it was the capo I left charge in New York , Galanis had a package delivered containing a letter and video tapes . I'm having someone hand deliver it to me , it will be here in the afternoon. If you'd like I'll wait till you're all here to look at it".

      " I'd appreciate , I just wonder what's on the tapes " oldie says as the rest of the group hum in agreement. After that we all went our separate ways except for my old team and i who headed towards the library to continue our reading . We have white boards setup so any small detail or phrase we think might have meaning we write down and discuss later as a group .