Chapter 26

It's been a few days since the Cromwells came over. Yesterday I had brunch with Tilly it's been so good catching up with them I truly missed them it was really hurtful when Julian tried to kill me all those years ago I understand the Irish manipulated the Cromwells but the Garcias and I always saw them as family and for them to just believe the Irish without hearing me out just hurt I had just lost Alejandro forced into my position in the mafia as don. Everything was just to much I became very depressed after the failed assassination of myself by the Cromwells .Javi moved us to Seattle from Mexico as a fresh start with the help of Javi and Diego I got better.

Today I'm meeting with Julian and his father Alden to discuss a new alliance between the Mexican and American mafia. Part of me is nervous to have an alliance with them again. I mean what is gonna stop them from Turing their backs on us again when someone comes around telling lies again. Javi is meeting me at one of the restaurant we own here in the city.

             I walk into Bombón the restaurant I named after the cat Alejandro got me when I first moved in with him sadly Bombón passed away a year ago Bombón means marshmallow

I walk into Bombón the restaurant I named after the cat Alejandro got me when I first moved in with him sadly Bombón passed away a year ago Bombón means marshmallow. Javi told me it was really stupid to name the restaurant that but Bombón deserved to have a restaurant named after him I told Javi to shove his opinion up his ass. We opened the restaurant four months ago it's been very successful.

     The host brought me to the private room in the back of Bombón

The host brought me to the private room in the back of Bombón. Javi is there waiting for me " are you sure this is a good idea I get their your blood but the stabbed us in the back last time " Javi says as I sit down " look I'll admit I'm nervous but they are family hopefully they learned from this Alejandro always said people make mistakes , plus if the do it again I'll torture and kill them all". Javi nods at me before looking at his phone checking emails.

Ten minutes later Julian and Alden walk in and sit down we all order and now sit in awkward silence. Alden clears his throat before saying " I very sorry for what happened in the past I wish I could go back and do everything differently, Noa I have always seen you as my niece back then I was unaware of our actual familial ties. When the Irish came to us I felt betrayed and I thought you were trying to make a name for your self the wrong way I'm very sorry for thinking that of you and not talking to you before ordering Julian to kill you " I nod and look at Julian

" I'm also very sorry for believing the Irish and trying to kill you I promise to never do it again " I snort at Julian's short but effective apology " I accept " I say before taking a sit of my drink " let's discuss the alliance " after an hour we're signing the agreement i allow them to hug me as we say goodbye. As I walk to my car Javi follows me "that went well are you heading to the base now ?" I nod my head and reply " I have to watch the new recruits do their final exam and a couple meetings." Javi nods and says " don't forget the paperwork on your desk " I roll my eyes before getting into my car

" Javi nods and says " don't forget the paperwork on your desk " I roll my  eyes before getting into my car

I walk into the base and everyone bows their heads as I walk by . I head to the training area to watch the new recruit class go through the final test it's a five level test they have to complete in order to join the mafia . The standards I have for the men and women in my mafia are high. If they aren't on jobs they're training to stay sharp or get better.

Three hours later the test is complete 32 of the 103 men and women have passed the test and will pledge omertà at the next ceremony in a week. The 71 men and women who failed the test I will send their files to my Allies just because they failed my test does not mean they won't be great assets for other mafias the fact they got this far in to the training program shows just that . I head up to my office to attend my first meeting of the day with one of my capos who updated me on his progress .

        It's about six pm by the time I Finish my meetings and can start in the mountain of paper work on my desk I hate paperwork with a burning passion

It's about six pm by the time I Finish my meetings and can start in the mountain of paper work on my desk I hate paperwork with a burning passion. Around nine thirty pm my office door opens I don't look up from my paperwork " is there a reason you think it's ok to just walk into the dons office " I say in my mafia voice " is that any way to great your father who came all this way to see his principessa " oldie says and I finally look up from the paperwork on my desk to see him lounging on my couch .

" What are you doing here oldie " he rolls his eyes at the nickname before saying " you didn't come home for dinner or call I tried calling you but no luck so I called Diego who's apparently In Mexico who told me to call Javi so I did and he told me your here so I'm here " I rolled my eyes at his chippy tone " look oldie I'm very busy I have only made a dent in the mountain of paperwork I have a meeting early in the morning so I'm probably staying in the bedroom I have here ".
" when was the last time you ate " oldie ask me and I try to remember " I had a lunch meeting at my restaurant downtown " he shakes his head at me " I brought dinner you will sit here and eat with me and talk then you can go back to your paperwork " I got to say no but he gives his scary dad look and I comply.

Oldie and I sit and as I eat dinner we tell each other their stories from his youth to when I was living with him and my brothers to stories about them . I tell him stories about living with Alejandro and the crazy adventures Javi Diego and I got up to before we were forced to grow up to soon. I've gotten very comfortable with oldie I still struggle with the feelings of if I get close to him it means I'm replacing Alejandro but I know Alejandro would want me to have this relationship with oldie but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to call him dad .

Oldie heads back home and I return to my paperwork two hours later I hear my phone ringing i lol and see it's Tommaso shocked because he has never called me before . Ever since Tommaso tattooed me we've hung out a few times we really bonded over tattoos . I pick up the call " I've got a design I want to tattoo on you " . " text me it " he sends the pic and I love it " when do you want to " I say to him " come by tomorrow I'll be their all day I know your schedules different from mine I'm flexible " i hum " it might be late " . " that's fine " he says before hanging up i laugh at how that conversation went most of our conversations are like that Tommaso doesn't say much . I look at my phone and see it's one am I decide to call my boyfriend still so weird to say that he's across town at his base doing paperwork we sit on face time and keep each other company.