Chapter 36

I finished getting ready and I still have time before Rocco and I leave so I decided to go chat with oldie to see if he has any advice for me . I think it will mean alot to him that I came to him .

        I knock on oldies door and he opens it smiling at me " you busy ?" "No come in I was just catching up on the mafia after all these years even though I'm not don anymore I want to be able to help Alessandro when ever he needs " I nod my hea...

I knock on oldies door and he opens it smiling at me " you busy ?" "No come in I was just catching up on the mafia after all these years even though I'm not don anymore I want to be able to help Alessandro when ever he needs " I nod my head at him as we walk over to the living room in his bedroom . As we sit down I begin to tell him about why Im here .

" I wanted to get some advice from you even though we come from to different mafias with different ways of handling things i feel have the opinion of someone with your experience and knowledge will help not harm . Everyone always looks to me for answers but I have no one to go for guidance , my Don training was cut short when Alejandro died and I was thrown head first into the job . I mean if you look at Alessandro for example when he was thrown into the position he still had your father or your brothers to go to all of my Garcia family was gone except for Javi Diego and I " oldie nods and goes to say something, but I interrupt saying " oh and now apparently my niece ".

Oldie shakes his head at me before saying " niece ?" I nod before saying " yeah apparently ales is dating my cousin who was killed in the massacre Jairo's fiancé who apparently was pregnant when he was killed so I have a niece Novaella who's named after me " oldie shakes his head before saying " small world" I nod

" look Noa I can't imagine what you've been through being thrusted into the don position way before you were ready but I do know I'm so very proud of you. you're a great don and a natural leader I just know Alejandro would be proud of you. Anything you need you can always come to me you're right we've been trained differently but sometimes a different opinion is needed so tell me about what's going on "

Oldie and I have been talking for over a hour I tell him everything going on with Marku including my conversation with Alvaro earlier . Oldie and I have been discussing different strategies. It's nice doing this it reminds me of those nights when I was still in training and Alejandro and I would sit in his room discussing strategies even though most of the time my ideas wouldn't end up working he still wanted me to be in the mindset of a don working through real problems in real time .

         Rocco and I just made it to the race the car ride was nice we have the same taste in music

Rocco and I just made it to the race the car ride was nice we have the same taste in music . Rocco told me he's racing tonight so I'll be passenger tonight . After watching a few races and winning a few bets it's finally Rocco's turn .

        A while later Rocco and I are at the diner near the estate celebrating Rocco's big win

A while later Rocco and I are at the diner near the estate celebrating Rocco's big win. " I really thought you were going to crash back there on the third turn." I say shaking my head " I have never crashed knock on wood " he says laughing " I really have missed you Noa you and I were really close . I closed myself off after it wasn't too long till I was diagnosed with IED dad helped the best he could but he was drowning in this own grief. " I reach across the table holding his hand .

Rocco and I have been talking for a while. We definitely have a lot in common . I'm i'm glad we hung out tonight it's crazy how different my life is from a couple months ago . Just as I was telling roc a story from one of my missions my phone stared ringing I looked down to see it was Lorenzo

Answering the phone I can hear intense conversations from all of my brothers and oldie in the background . " Enz what's up " Rocco looks at me questionably " uhm Noa you need to come back to the estate now " Lorenzo hung up after muttering those words .

Rocco and I got into his car heading back to the estate as we make it. The guards are running around securing the grounds . We head inside to our brothers arguing with each other while oldie sit on the stairs looking like he should've pulled out . " what's going on " the all turn to me speaking at the same time I can't understand a word they're saying . " SHUT UP " I yell in my don voice and the do as told .

I look to oldie hoping you can explain, without giving me a migraine " there was a security breach on the perimeter a young female was captured by the guards. She's in the basement, refusing to speak to any of us until she speaks to you.Some of the boys think she is a Trojan horse. " . "Bring me to her " the boys all start to argue before I hold my hand up shutting them up .

We walk down to the underground basement which is located underneath the finished basement we walk down toward the cell the guards open the door we enter and in a dark corner of the room, I see a girl with dark hair with her head down when she raises her head after hearing the door open I instantly recognize her . " Nessa ?"