Chapter 56

We just landed back in New York , Lu and I spent most of the flight back from Russia in the bedroom in the back of the plane celebrating our engagement. When oldie and I were speaking right before we got engaged he told me all our friends and their families were coming over for brunch the morning we were due back .

He even said our family in Italy who run the Sicilian Mafia , would be there for their annual trip to America, oldie also said the Cromwells (Maria's family the American mafia ) would also be joining. Luka and I decided to announce our engagement at the brunch since everyone we loved would be there .

Javi Diego and Azul will also join us , I'll also have to speak to Javi and Diego to catch up on work after almost three weeks off . I used to never take one day off I can't believe I actually took the time off .

My dad always stressed the importance of taking off to recharge and keep your health intact . One of my biggest issues is picking and choosing which lessons my dad taught me to actually follow . I think it comes from being forced into my position at such a young age and years before my training was supposed to be finished.

The Mexican Mafia and the Garcia family have had the tradition that a new don would take the position at the age of 23 . They believed in their dons completing college and working their way from every position of the mafia to have the respect for everyone of their members that are in those positions.

I obviously graduated college early but had just started actively working different positions in the mafia when my dad was diagnosed with cancer . At that point those traditions no longer mattered . The only thing that did was giving me a crash course on being a don .

Luckily I had a few elders that watched out for me and offered advice and guidance when needed but I struggled asking for it . I felt like I had to show my mafia and the other mafias I could do my job but also effectively. I buried myself into work and with time I became successful.

Our mafia became the top mafia but I lost my teenage years . I don't regret anything I did to get to this point I truly believe in the butterfly effect so I would never change anything I just wish I had learned balance earlier than I did .

      Lu and I just pulled into the estate I can clearly hear everyone in the backyard

Lu and I just pulled into the estate I can clearly hear everyone in the backyard . I didn't take my ring off but Lu is holding my hand in a way that hides the ring . He also told me that no one knows he was proposing and the only person who knows he was even going to at all is oldie because he asked for his blessing .

Apparently oldie has been bugging Luka to know when Lu was planning to propose but Lu would just walk away for him without saying a word every time . My fiancé and I walk through the side gate that leads to the backyard , I still can't believe I get to say fiancé now .

Oldie is the first one to see us as we walk around the corner towards everyone. " mi principessa you're finally home your never leaving me again I won't allow it " oldie says hugging the life out of me " eventually we'll move out " Lu says teasing oldie " shut up Petrova " oldie grunts .

" how was Russia sorellina " Alessandro says hugging me next " the best I loved it so much " everyone else takes turns hugging and greeting us . I also spend time catching up with my grandparents on oldies side . Eventually Lu gives me a look to say he's ready to announce our engagement I nod back getting up and heading towards where he's standing infront of the long table we're all sitting at .

" hey everyone I just want to do a toast , These past few months have been incredible. Surprisingly living with all you idiots hasn't made me want kill all of you." All my brothers laugh at the beginning of Luka's toast . " It probably has much to do with your sister being like a sedative to my temper so I did the only reasonable thing a man could do when they have a woman like Noella . I made her my fiancé "

Several gasps a few squeals when Luka says those words " so here's to the future mrs Luka Petrova " Lu raises his glass and my hand with the ring before kissing me I hear a few of my brothers gag before oldie jumps out of his seat hugging me and telling us both congratulations.

Katya is the next squeezing Both Luka her twin and me into a hug so tight I'm shocked we didn't both pass out from . " eek you're going to be my sister yes for once you did a great thing Luka " the rest of our family and friends hug and congratulate us before we sit back down to eat .

Some of the boys decided to play a game of football after we finished eating the other adults were sitting on some of the outdoor couches . The girls were on the day beds gossiping . I was heading inside to the kitchen to grab a drink .

When I turned around to leave the kitchen Alessandro and Selena came in . " hey could we talk to you for a sec" ales asks me and points to the island with some barstools for us to sit and talk at. " yeah sure what's up" I say as I sit down.

" we'll we wanted you to be the first to know , you've always been a little sister to me and we'll you and Sandro have such an incredible bond gosh I'm rambling sorry ." Sel then starts crying and now I'm worried for whatever she's about to tell me .

Alessandro takes over for sel and also hugs her closer to him " what Lena was trying to tell you is she's Pregnant ." My jaw dropped just as Alessandro finished his sentence I'm so shocked I truly didn't see this coming. I mean in Malta they mentioned they would start trying soon .

Ales had mentioned months ago that he wasn't sure he was ready for an infant , that having Novella was different she was a very independent little girl for the most part and an infant is very different.

" wow omg congratulations" I say hugging them both as we sit back down ales says "I know we talked all those months ago but shortly after the wedding we had been babysitting for a week for Lena's brother you remember the little six month old baby boy . " I nod and ales continues

" yeah so we were kinda playing house in a way me working and juggling Lena , Vella and our nephew and I loved it i mean don't get me wrong it was hard but ultimately so worth it . Then Lorenzo and Andreas started the process of adopting and I just .. I guess I got baby fever ?" I laugh and so does Sel .

" we found out when we got home from Malta we just so happy and the house will be done a month before the baby comes I'm just so happy I also can't stop crying I think it the hormones I remember crying way more with Novella but then again I was grieving . " I nod as sel takes a deep breath before starting to ramble again .

" so we wanted you to be the first to know and to ask you to be the god mother ?" I'm so freaking happy my heart is so warm . " I would be honored I love you both so much I'm so excited for this bambini , maybe you'll even name this one after me Noah Moretti sounds pretty good or Noelle Moretti sound cute for a little girl ."

They both laugh at me but I'm dead serious. Having Novella named after me was kinda like a hit of drugs and I've become addicted I need another hit lucky for me I got a shit ton of brothers so my chances are high and these fuckers are obsessed with me.

The three of us head back outside after talking for almost an hour about babies and my engagement. When we got outside Alessandro gathered everyone to announce the news about baby Moretti . Oldie cried I laughed and took pictures of him before he sobered up and slapped the back of my head gently.

Hours later Lu and I are in our bed upstairs in our cute little apartment that I love so much . " I'm so excited for the new baby . " I tell Lu as we cuddle , he hums before saying " me too also nervous it's been a while since I've been around a newborn . The last was probably my little sister Anastasia and that was almost seven years ago ."

" gosh little stasia is turning seven soon time goes so fast . " " it does but I think this year went incredibly fast ." I hum and snuggle closer to Luka before falling asleep not before saying I love you and get it in reply .