Chapter 58

After dinner I headed up to oldies room to ask him about something. On my way to elevator Lu joins me " I'm headed to see oldie " " how long will you be I was hoping for some alone time before I have to head back out for a late meeting at one of my warehouses "
" not long baby we'll have time to cuddle of do other things " Lu smirks at me has the elevator doors open on oldies floor. I kiss Lu on the lips before walking towards oldies room .

Once I get to the door I knock and wait to hear oldie say come in before entering. When I do I see oldie reading on the couch and go sit next to him " hi oldie " he smiles at me as he closes his book and puts it to the side before snuggling me close to him ." How are you principessa."

" I'm good just busy my gated community Garciaville is finally finished and the last of the residents have moved in we also have room to grow which is great. I feel a lot better knowing they all have a safe space to live here in New York as they did in Mexico . "

" that's great principessa I wish I had done something similar when I was don . I guess I'm kind of doing that with my children huh buying more land and expanding the estates grounds so that you'll all build homes here and not leave me ."

" I think that's had more to do with your separation anxiety then truly our safety but all of us are so close and want to stay close together anyway . I mean we all missed so much of each others lives why spend more time apart "

" I agree principessa especially with grandkids in my near future I don't want to miss a thing . Plus it reminds me how things were growing up in Italy with my grandparents aunts uncles and cousins . We all lived on the same street and were together always . Every Sunday was dinner at Nonnas . "

" sounds like how things were with the Garcias before you know " " I know I can't imagine how that must have felt to loose all of that family principessa."
" the images are burned into my brain forever " " do you want yo talk about it" I nod before beginning.

" Dad Javi Diego and I were on a business trip to LA it was also the trip I killed Maria . Dad was so mad on the flight home he had found out about what happened when he found my clothes in the morning , but he praised me for killing her just scolding me for sneaking out . "

" we pulled onto the road they all lived on , it led straight to our villa and it was a bloodbath guards and family members dead bodies everywhere. Some of the males of the family were out front obviously trying to fight off the attacks and protect the elders , women and children . Inside the houses were the elders female and children all brutally slaughtered. "

" it was one of the few times I had ever saw dad cry Diego and Javi were inconsolable and I was in shock and experiencing PTSD flashbacks to my time in the institute. Dad collected himself enough to call whoever he needed to take care of the bodies and investigate who ever did this . "

" then he gathered us back into the vehicle and back to the airport onto the plane and to a private island we owned full of security . A few days later we left the island and headed to France to hide out . At that point no one knew of our alliance with the French and dad thought it was best to hide there ."

" wow principessa I'm so sorry i can't believe everything you've been through in such a short lifetime . You are the strongest person I have ever meet I'm so proud of you and everything you've accomplished."

" thanks oldie , anyways I came here to ask you to dinner tomorrow at my restaurant " " I would love to principessa just you and me ?" " yes oldie just a father daughter dinner nothing else I'll meet you their after work , good night oldie I'm tired and Luka's waiting for me " " goodnight mi principessa"