Chapter 44

The next week was spent at my base in meetings after meetings . Mountains of paperwork and ordering the team in charge of finding Marku to investigate lead after lead . What little free time I had I spent with Luka .

Late last night Luka came over from a meeting he had to sleep and This morning we're sitting at breakfast with the rest of my brothers and oldie .

           After breakfast Luka had to leave for a meeting and after his meeting he's headed to his base to work on paperwork and then he's having dinner with his dad to catch up

After breakfast Luka had to leave for a meeting and after his meeting he's headed to his base to work on paperwork and then he's having dinner with his dad to catch up . " I hope we can figure out a day where we get to see each other for other then sleep. " Luka says as me hugging goodbye

" I know Amore I miss you so much " I kiss him on the lips " ughh I have to go " "so do I , I have so many meetings today I feel like this day is gonna drag on ." We share one final kiss before going our separate ways .

A few hours later I'm sitting in my office having lunch with Javi going over what's going to happen in the next few meetings before we have to leave the base for our legal offices . As we're eating Rocco comes into my office without knocking which is my biggest pet peeve .

" didn't oldie teach you any manners." I say shaking my head at him " I've gotta talk to you about something " as Javi gets up to leave to give us privacy Rocco interrupts him " you're fine Javi it's business not personal " Javi just sits back down and nods his head and continuing to eat .

" so what's up " " one of our assassins got hired to do a hit but unlike other mafias we due research on the targets to make sure no innocents are killed ." I nod my head acknowledging I heard him as I eat and work on paperwork .

" basically the minute the assassin looked into the guy he knew to take it to Alessandro but he's busy in meetings and sent me in his place . so here I am in your huge office which is definitely bigger then Alessandro and way nicer. "

I roll my eyes as Rocco gets off topic . another thing I'm learned recently was when Rocco works he gets quite dramatic but in a deadpan sorta way . " just get to the point Rocco I don't have all day" Javi just snorts at me .

" as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted the targets name is Felipe Gomez " I shake my head at the information it's one of my top capos " that crazy bitch " Rocco just raises his eyebrow at my reaction.

"Felipe is one of my top capos but he's married to this psycho bitch who has pulled so many stunts through the years every time she ends up getting caught or Felipe only gets injured minorly . He always goes back to her saying the sex is to good to quite her." Rocco just laughs at that before asking what some stunts she pulled through the years " one time she smelt perfume on him after he had a meeting in a strip club and cut his brakes. he broke his collar bone . "

" there was also the time she put copious amounts of eye drops in his coffee each morning for months . He got sick and our doctor caught it before it could do any real permanent damage ". Javi and I go back and forth telling stunt after stunt before we finally call Felipe into my office.

After twenty minutes Felipe finally made it to my office "Donna " " your wife took a hit out on you using my brothers mafia ." " I left her , I reconnected with my high school sweetheart she had gotten divorced and my wife and I were on the rocks again and I finally decided to leave she hasn't reacted well"

" you have given her chances after chances but this is to far taking a hit out using a different mafia thankful my brothers , can not only harm you but all of us I think it's time her life ends " " I agree she's a danger to our mafia my loyalty to you and this mafia always comes first , I just ask you don't make me be the one to end her."

" I'll have Tiago handle it I'm glad you've rekindled with your old love you deserve to be happy Felipe " after Felipe left I called Tiago to handle the situation and Rocco left to his next set of business . Javi and I head to our next set of meetings before headed to our legal business to attend more meetings I feel like I live in meetings.

After my last meeting I head to Tommaso's shop to get a new tattoo . I decided to get a tattoo for my dad I've kinda put off getting this tattoo just cause I guess it makes it feel real that's he's never coming back . I've never really had the time to grieve dad as much as I probably need to .

            I'm finally home after a boring day in meetings and getting my new tattoo

I'm finally home after a boring day in meetings and getting my new tattoo . were siting at a late dinner my brothers oldie and I . " Romeo and I spent the day playing with his cat I really want that Fennec Fox " Alessio still hasn't given up the whole fox thing . " it's an exotic animal Alessio not a house cat " oldie says clearly annoyed with this conversation probably having had it a thousand times in the last few days .

As Alessandro and Lorenzo were arguing about a story from their childhood my phone started ringing i look down seeing Dimitri Petrova was calling Dimitri is Luka's dad . " hello Dimitri" " Noella " the way he says my name I instantly know something's wrong
" what what is it." My family looks at me in concern
" Luka didn't show up to our dinner I called to see if he forgot and was in a pile of paperwork , he didn't answer. I called some of my capos they said he never showed up at the base . I called his driver he didn't answer . Noella , Luka was kidnapped after his meeting at the restaurant."

I can't breath I can hear him continue talking but I can hear him I feel like I'm underwater Im having a panic attack . I feel some one grabbing me lifting me . Next thing I know im sitting in oldies lap my head on his chest listening to his heart beat as he runs his fingers through my hair calmly taking to me to distract me.

The only thought in my head over and over is I can't lose him . I can't lose him . I can't lose him .