Sweet Tae

You hadn't noticed yet, as you were lost in thinking about what Jimin said, but he had seen Yoongi and Taehyung walking in your direction.

Yoongi saw you and Jimin close enough to look like he was kissing you. He mutters and storms off angrily. Taehyung stands there, watching him walk off in a huff, shaking his head.

Taehyung had seen you and Jimin's heads close and at that angle. It could have looked like he was kissing you. But Tae knew you were checking the photo on the camera. Everyone thought the same about him and Jungkook when checking out the images on their cameras.

You look up and see Tae. He waves at you, and you wave back. Jimin reaches Taehyung and pauses long enough to say, "She is a great photographer, and Yoongi's an idiot."

As he moves on, Tae says, "Yes, he is when it comes to her."

Taehyung reaches you and gives you a hug and a boxy smile, "How are you, Poppy?"

"It's better now that you're here," you smile and hug him back. Jimin was a comfort. He is always so sweet and compassionate. Talking with him has lightened my mood. The stress of being around Yoongi has been challenging."

Tae says, "He called Yoongi an idiot when he passed me. I happen to agree." He laughs, and you smile at him. "Well, I think Yoongi just hates me being here. I'm the last person he would want to see."

Tae says, "I don't think that's it."

You remind him, "Tae, he was the one who made me leave. He broke up with me and, in no uncertain terms, let me know he didn't want me around him anymore."

Tae frowns and gently places a hand on your shoulder. "I honestly think he is fighting his true feelings for you."

"You mean fighting his hate for me? Oh, Taetae, please stop. Can we talk about something other than him, please?"

He feels terrible for making you sad and tries to make up for it by spending time together for the photo shoot and catching up on the good times and good things that had happened in your lives.

You are so comfortable with Taetae that you relax and start enjoying the day again. You two had so much fun.

He laughed and even took pictures of you. "You're so beautiful, Poppy." Slightly embarrassed, you say, "I know someone who you think is more beautiful," and you grin at him.

"Yeah, she is. Some days, I regret going with my friend when he auditioned. Never thought they would have me try out." He looks a little remorseful, and you don't want him to feel bad.

You say, "I'm sorry about your friend Tae, but the group wouldn't be the same without you." You squeeze his arm, "You, my dearest friend, are irreplaceable." He blushes slightly, and you both start laughing out of the joy of being together.

Between him and Jimin, your heart was so much lighter. You needed this day spent with them, but your knee was starting to ache. As much as you hate returning to the house, you let Tae know.

Grimacing, you turn to Taehyung. "We found some really great spots for you, but do you mind if we do this tomorrow? My knee is starting to ache."

Concerned, Tae says, "Of course. Do you need me to carry you back to the house?"

You smile, "Thanks, but I don't think it's to that point yet."

He says, "Put your arm around my shoulder and keep as much weight off of it as you can." he gives you a sweet, boxy smile as you put your arm over his shoulder, and his arm goes around your waist. "Besides, this just gives us another day to find the perfect shot of this perfect face." You both laugh.

As you get closer to the house, you let go of Taehyung. "I've got it from here, Taetae. Thank you."

Questioningly, he asks, "You sure?"

You pat his shoulder. "Yes, go on." he hurriedly walks away.

You're slowly walking back to the house, taking it easy on the hurt knee, smiling about all the silly things you knew about Taehyung. You knew he had to go to the restroom. You have seen that face many times. Recalling that look and some of his funny antics, you start to giggle.

You're smiling, remembering the times your sister Sunni and Tae got up to mischief and all the times you and Lilly got them out of trouble. You're still giggling over the memories as you round the corner of the house.