You Were Never A Mistake

At the house the next evening you are resting on the living room couch in your robe and nightgown listening to music with your earbuds. Most of the others have gone to bed. Tannie is curled up in your lap sleeping.

Tae walks up and sits besides you. "How are feeling Aegiya(baby)? Can I get you anything?" You pull out the ear buds and he can hear the song 'Sweet Night' playing. You say, "A glass of water so I can take my pain medicine please. I didn't want to get up and wake Tannie as he is finally sleeping so well."

Tae gets you a cool glass of water and hands it to you. Before sitting down next to you he asks, "Is there anything else I can get you?" You pause and look at Tae, "A new heart, mine is broken." Disappointed Tae asks "Because of Kang?"

You gently shake your head "No, because of us." Confused he asks "What do you mean because of us?" you reply, "I have made some mistakes in my life but you were never one of them."

He scoots closer to you as you continue taking comfort in his nearness. "He tried to change me into what he wanted me to be. I started to fade, losing who I was and I hated myself."

Tae asks, "Why didn't you tell anyone he was hurting you?" he gently takes your hand in his.

"I felt I deserved it because no matter how hard I tried to be what he expected, I failed. Our relationship was good at the start but the longer it went the more it progressed into punishment. I had to learn to love myself for my self. I had to learn that I did not deserve what he gave me, I deserved better."

You take a large breath then slowly release it, "I'm going to tell you something that I've not told anyone." He takes his hands poised over Tannie's ears "Do I need to cover Tan's ears for this?" You can't help but giggle a little at him doing his best to make your heart light.

You softly pat a sleeping Tannie on the head then hold Tae's hands. "One night working in the Er a young woman came in, she had been severely beaten by her boyfriend," a tear falls as Tae gently pushes your hair back from your face and tucks it behind your ear then wipes away the tears.

"Before she passed away she whispered to me 'I tried to be what he wanted, this is my fault, I should have tried harder.' Then she died believing she deserved what he did to her."

Tae gently places his arm around you as you softly cry. "I knew then as they pulled the sheet over her face and wheeled her body out that if I didn't do something for me, that would be my future. That was when I contacted Hobi. I knew from all that Lill had told me about him that he would be the one I needed to help me."

Wanting to hold you in his arms but worried he might accidentally hurt you he asks "Will you be alright if I pull you closer?" Nodding your head he turns to the side sitting with his back resting on the end of the couch, he pulls his leg over so he has one on each side of you and gently pulls you close into his embrace. Your back to his chest.

Tannie woke from the change in warmth and moves closer. You gently take him in your arms and he falls back to sleep. You lean into Tae resting you head on his chest. Hearing his heart beating was like a lullaby and along with the pain medication you fall into a deep peaceful sleep.

It wasn't long before Tae realized you were sleeping. He leans his head closer to the top of your head and inhales the scent of your recently washed hair and he whispers "I love you."

He kisses the top of your head "I never stopped." He lifts you up along with Tannie still in your arms and heads towards your room.

As he reaches the bedroom door he sees Lill coming out of the twins room. In her Mang pj's and well worn pink bunny slippers she pulls the door quietly closed then smiles at Tae.

She comes over and opens the door for him and then takes a sleeping Tannie in her arms She places Tannie in his little doggie and whispers to Taehyung. "Tae, I'm so happy you two are together again. I love you both so much."

He gently lays you on the bed and Lill helps removes your robe while Tae took your slippers and set them on the floor by the bed. Tae then takes the comforter and covers you. He looks at Lill, "She is why I breath."

Author Warning: The next three chapters depict imagines at the top of Tae with blood. If you are squeamish just go straight to the words.