38

"Okay, I can do this." Sasha whispered to herself after getting Sadie down for a nap. It had only been four weeks since Seth's passing. She was trying to find a routine while also helping herself and the kids grieve at the same time. Luckily, all of her friends had been taking turns and staying with her. The girls just dropped Spencer off at preschool and were getting some groceries for them. Sasha couldn't handle being out in public too much at the moment, so she appreciated that her friends were willing to help her out.

After Sasha cleaned up the house a little bit, she took a shower to help clear her mind. When she was done, she went looking in Seth's drawer for a shirt of his to wear. She did find one, but as she was looking in there she felt something odd. She dried off, hung her towel back off and turned off the light. Sasha furrowed her dark brows and headed back to her late boyfriend's dresser where his clothes were.

"What's this?" Sasha questioned in her mind as she found a small box, coated in blue velvet in his shirt drawer. She then opened it before gasping and tears filling her eyes. She saw that Seth had a beautiful engagement ring for her. It was about three carats, an almond shaped diamond ring. Sasha was in total disbelief and felt her heart break more. She shut the box, sat it on top of the dresser before calling Roman and Dean.

"Hello?" Roman asked as he answered Sasha's call.

"How far out are you guys?" She croaked as she was trying to hold back her tears.

"We're about five minutes away. What's wrong?" The Samoan asked as he could tell there was something wrong.

"I think I found something Roman, something I shouldn't have found. At least I don't think I should've found it." Sasha began crying to her friend.

"Okay, well we just turned down the street so we'll be in there in a minute. Okay?" He reassured her as the two got off the phone. Sasha then grabbed the blue velvet box and carefully walked downstairs so she didn't wake up a sleeping Sadie. Once she made it down the steps, she saw her two friends walk inside. She held on to the box as Sasha let her head fall into her one open hand.

"What's going on?" Dean asked as they walked in the kitchen and saw the petite brunette looking broken.

"I found something," she began while holding back tears. Both Roman and Dean looked confused before they saw her place the box on the kitchen island.

"Did you guys know?" Sasha asked as the girls walked in the house quietly as well.

"Know what?" Becky asked as they couldn't see what Sasha had.

"Did you guys know about the ring?" Sasha cried as they all saw the box. All five faces dropped as Sasha opened the box and showed them what she found in Seth's dresser.

"Yeah, we knew." Roman answered as they all looked upset for what Sasha had found. Her face dropped and tears began sliding down her face.

"How long did you guys know?" She panicked and asked, wanting to know what happened. Roman took a deep breath and began telling her what happened.

|One Week Before Seth's Passing|

"Hey man! What's going on?" Roman grinned as he saw Seth walk towards him, as well as Dean, Finn, Becky, Bayley, and Charlotte.

"Well, there's something I need to tell you guys. But you cannot tell Sasha." Seth started as they all agreed not to say anything.

"In a few weeks, I'm taking Sasha out and I'm gonna ask her to marry me." He grinned before showing them the ring. The girls gasped with excitement as the guys cheered for joy.

"No way!" Bayley cheered, knowing her best friend would be so happy.

"It's about damn time man!" Dean chuckled before patting Seth on the shoulder.

"Does she have any ideas?" Becky asked.

"Nope. She's got absolutely no idea." He beamed, knowing exactly how he was going to propose.

"We're very happy for you both! What makes now a good time though?" Finn asked since the two had been together for six years and had Spencer and Sadie.

"Well, we've always wanted to get married. That's been known since we started dating," he began as everyone was listening.

"We've just been so happy as a family that it hasn't really crossed our minds. I know I want to marry her. I want all of us to have the same last name and be together forever. She's my one, she's my soulmate. I want her to be my wife." He finished as the girls got emotional hearing about the news.

"Sasha's gonna be ecstatic and probably cry." Charlotte giggled as Seth nodded his head. They were all so stoked for the news and couldn't wait to celebrate the two finally getting engaged.

"Yeah, that's what happened." Roman finished as Sasha was crying hard. Bayley went over to hug her as she tried to hold in her screams and gasps for air.

"What do I do with the ring? Do I try it on? Do I keep it? Do I send it back? I don't know what to do." She cried as she got a tissue.

"Would it give you a piece of mind to try it on?" Charlotte asked her friend.

"It wouldn't hurt, I guess." She shrugged.

"Well, if you want to, try it on." Becky said as they wanted Sasha to do whatever was going to make her feel comfortable and give her closure. She took a deep breath, nodded her head and then went to slip the ring on. Her friends sat there and watched her, before they knew it she had tears sliding down her cheeks and she was struggling to breathe.

"Fuck my life dude." She sighed before putting the ring back in the box and walking upstairs. It definitely wasn't what she expected to find today, as she felt her heart break more now that she will always wonder what could've been between her and Seth. That hole in her heart will never be fulfilled properly again, and she had to learn to accept that. One way or another, she had to move forward for Spencer and Sadie.