41

Two months had passed since Sasha decided to go to trauma therapy. It was going well so far, but it was very emotionally draining for her. She was just trying to be a good mom after the tragic loss of her lover.

Today though, was her thirtieth birthday and Spencer's fifth birthday. She couldn't believe her first born was turning five. It was also hard since it was the first birthdays without Seth. Even though he wasn't here, she was determined to make it a great day.

"Happy birthday, my sweet boy! Mommy cannot believe you are five!" Sasha beamed as it was just her and Spencer awake for the time being while Sadie was still asleep.

"Thank you mommy! And happy birthday to you!" He grinned as they loved sharing a birthday together.

"Thank you, bubby. Me and daddy love you so much, even if daddy's watching from heaven." She kissed his temple, setting his breakfast down on the table. She nearly jumped out of her skin as she saw all of her close friends turned to non biological siblings come in.

"Happy birthday!" They cheered as Spencer went running to hug his aunts and uncles.

"What're you guys doing here?" Sasha asked with a surprised look on her face, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Surprise, we wanted to make today a great day for you both." Bayley smiled, hugging her best friend turned to sister tight. Sasha happily accepted the hug, silently crying a bit on her shoulder.

They all spent an amazing morning and afternoon together. Bayley, Finn, Charlotte, Kevin, and Roman stayed with Sasha to help clean up and get the kids to bed. Once they were asleep, she made her way back downstairs where they were waiting for her.

"Thank you guys so much for surprising us and making today a great day. It's been really hard, if I'm being honest." She sighed while sitting down in between Bayley and Charlotte.

"Of course, we wanted to make both birthdays special." Bayley grinned, holding her best friend's hand.

"Are you okay? Is there anything we can help you with?" Charlotte asked as she was holding Sasha's other hand for a moment.

"I'm not sure, to be quite honest. I feel like therapy is helping. But, I don't feel like time is making it easier like everyone says. I just feel bad for the kids." She whispered the last sentence, grabbing some tissues as a few tears spilled over her lower lids.

"It's okay, your emotions are valid and completely understandable." Bayley replied, giving Sasha a reassuring nod.

"I just feel bad for them! Like why did God have to take their dad away? I just feel like ever since he's been gone I've been mad at the world." She nearly sobbed as Bayley and Charlotte got up to hug her. Roman, Finn, and Kevin watched the three from a distance, knowing Sasha needed her non biological sisters desperately.

"He's not gonna be here to watch them grow up, get married, have their own families. He won't be here to watch them on their first day of school or get into sports or graduate or do anything. They need their dad just as much as I need him!" She sobbed harder.

"It's just so hard. Like my mind and my body need a break. Spencer kind of understands since he's five now, so I feel like I can talk to him about it to where he can understand. Sadie of course doesn't, but she knows daddy's gone." She croaked out as Charlotte soothingly rubbed her back. They were allowing her to get everything out before they'd comment.

"And it's just so hard because they both loved their dad and it's like how do I explain it as they get older? What kind of people will they become without their dad? I just feel so bad for them and I just hope that I can be good enough for them." She finished, tear stained eyes looking up at the five of them.

"You are more than good enough for them, Sasha." Kevin stated as he, Finn, and Roman got up to join in on the hug as well.

"Definitely. Spencer and Sadie love you so much, no one could do better than you as their mother." Finn chimed in as everyone nodded their heads.

"You're doing amazing even if time is tough. We are all here for you and love you three so much." Roman added as they hugged.

"I love you guys so much." She croaked out, wiping away her tears.

"Do you want us to stay the night? None of us to my knowledge have an issue with it. I know you still struggle with being alone so that's why we've all been taking turns." Bayley asked her friend after she cleared up a bit.

"Please?" Sasha nearly begged as she was a bit afraid to be alone.

"You got it. We got you a hundred percent, sister." Charlotte smiled, helping her calm down. No matter what, they were always there for each other and were family.