49

"Mama! Mama!" Sadie cried two weeks later as she was laying on the couch with Spencer and Sasha was in the kitchen.

"Sadie girl, mama's getting yours and bubba's medicine okay?" She reassured her daughter.

"Mama hurts! Hurts mama!" Sadie cried as she was pointing to her ears. Sadie had an ear infection and Spencer had a sinus infection. Sasha was doing her best to stay calm but she was definitely overwhelmed and overstimulated. This was also the first time the kids have been sick since Seth passed, as well as Bayley had moved out since Sasha said she could handle it. Bayley was now living in New York with Finn again and Sasha was in southern Georgia. She was just trying to hold it together for the kids.

"I know honey, I have your medicine okay?" Sasha said before holding Sadie and helping her take her medicine and then helping Spencer.

"Mommy my face hurts." Spencer whined a little bit before going to hug Sasha's arm.

"I know bug, I know. Mommy's trying to help." Sasha comforted him and rubbed his back a little bit. Spencer was on the easier side since he ended up falling asleep on the opposite side of the sectional couch. Sadie on the other hand, she was a hot mess and Sasha was trying not to break down.

"Sadie girl, you need to go to sleep baby, shhh." Sasha tried to hush a screaming and crying Sadie but she was miserable. Sasha then took Sadie upstairs to her room and began crying herself before calling Roman since he was the closest one to her.

"Roman? Hello?" Sasha cried as she thought she heard her friend answer the phone.

"Sasha? What's going on?" He asked as he answered the phone and heard Sasha and Sadie crying.

"Can you come over please? Are you home?" She cried as Roman lived an hour and a half away.

"Sash, I'm like thirty minutes away from your house. I can come over." He comforted her as she thanked him before they got off the phone. She then sat Sadie down on the couch for a minute before scooping up a sleeping Spencer and laying him down on his bed in his room.

"Mama!" Sadie cried again as she was reaching for Sasha.

"Shh Sadie, Shh honey. Let's try and get some rest." Sasha hushed her before soothingly rubbing her back and rocking her back and forth. Sadie was still crying, just not screaming as much and Sasha was trying not to have a mental breakdown. Not long after, Roman came inside and saw an emotional Sasha with two year old Sadie.

"Sadie J, what's wrong?" He asked as he walked into the living room.

"Girlfriend has an ear infection and won't go to sleep for a nap." Sasha quietly said as she was wiping both hers and her daughter's tears.

"Want me to take her?" Roman asked as Sasha nodded her head. Sadie was halfway asleep so she wasn't crying as much but she kept fighting her sleep a bit. Roman was able to calm her down to go to sleep before eventually taking her upstairs into her bed before seeing Sasha silently crying in the kitchen.

"Hey, it's okay Sash. It's ok to need help. You've been on your own only for like two weeks and for the first time since Seth's been gone. You're doing great." Roman reassured her before hugging her tight but Sasha ended up crying harder.

"It's so hard Rom! It's so hard!" She sobbed into his chest as he gently rubbed her back and soothed her as well.

"I understand, but you're doing amazing." He reassured her before wiping off her tears.

"I appreciate that, I really do." She sniffled before grabbing a tissue and a bottle of water.

"And I appreciate you being here for us. It really means a lot. You're great with the kids and we do great together. You've really been there for us since everything happened and I feel like we've grown closer and I just appreciate you." She softly smiled through her tears before giving Roman another hug.

"I appreciate you too, Sash. How about this, when the kids are feeling better, why don't we go out for a nice dinner date? No kids, just us?" Roman offered even though he was a little nervous. Both he and Sasha developed a beautiful spark, but they were anxious to act on it.

"That sounds amazing, how about this weekend? Becky and Dean were coming into town to visit but they wouldn't blabbermouth about us." She suggested as Roman agreed and the two hugged.

+

"Ooooh girl you look beautiful!" Becky grinned as she was in Sasha's bedroom and she just finished her hair and makeup. She and Roman were going out on their date. Sasha was excited yet nervous to see what would happen. Even if the date went poorly, she knew she and Roman would still remain great friends.

"Thanks Becks, this is my first date in a year." She smiled before picking out a nice baby pink off the shoulder dress and some white heels to go with it.

"Well, enjoy it! Our mouths are zipped." Becky promised her friend. Sasha and Becky hugged before heading downstairs where she saw Roman had flowers and was dressed in a nice dress shirt with slacks and black dress shoes.

"Thank you." Sasha softly smiled at him as they hugged and he handed her the flowers. The two then waved goodbye to Becky and Dean before heading out. Roman had made reservations for the two at a very nice and private restaurant about twenty minutes away.

The two really enjoyed their date night together. It was nice for both of them to be able to enjoy themselves in a private manner with no kids. That was the best part for Sasha so she could relax. They both enjoyed their dinners as well as sharing a glass of wine together. It definitely went a lot better than expected and they were both extremely happy.

"So, do you want to continue this and date? Or are you not ready? I'm ok with whatever I just want you to be comfortable Sasha." Roman asked on the drive home back to her house where Becky, Dean, and the kids were.

"I wanna try dating." She answered with a soft blushy smile.

"Really?" Roman responded with a small smile.

"Yeah, I just wanna take it slow and I just want to be private for a while. I am a little nervous just because of what happened with Seth, but I really like you Roman. I'm ok with seeing where this takes up." Sasha admitted, looking up to the tall Samoan.

"Whatever you're comfortable with is fine with me Sasha. I'm here for you and for the kids. Whatever you need, I got you." He reassured her with a smile before they hugged and went inside the house for the night. Sasha was excited yet anxious to see where this relationship would go, but also still dealing with her emotions as well as the kids' emotions from the loss. She could handle it though, she just wanted to be happy.