40

"Hey there, whatcha doin?" Roman asked a couple weeks later. He was taking a turn to stay with Sasha and the kids. He, Charlotte, and Bayley were all rotating on who'd stay with her. She couldn't be alone yet, which everyone understood. She was just appreciative of everyone rallying around her and her children.

"I've decided that I should go to trauma therapy." Sasha said while looking up at her friend from her laptop.

"Do you think it'll help?" He asked, sitting down next to her. Spencer was at preschool and Sadie was taking a nap. It gave Sasha the advantage to do her research.

"I really, really hope so Rom. I just feel like, I mean I know I'm doing well ya know?" She responded, closing her laptop for a moment.

"I know, Sash. But it's not your fault. You've had a lot of trauma dumped on you in the last two and a half months. Anyone who has a heart or sympathy can understand your emotions." Roman replied, sympathizing with her.

"I just don't feel good. Mentally, physically, emotionally. And I'm more mad at myself because I don't feel like I'm setting a good example for Spenc and Sadie." She sighed, trying to blink back some tears.

"C'mere." Roman motioned, hugging his friend tight to comfort her.

"You're not a bad mom, Sasha. You're doing the best you can with what you're given. And it doesn't make you a bad person that they're seeing you down. If anything, it shows them realistic emotions and it probably makes them feel safe to show their emotions too. I know Spencer has to all of us." He quietly assured her as she nodded her head.

"I really appreciate that, I just want to heal. I want to be a better mom and person for my babies. I know people don't really move on from death and loss of a loved one, but I at least want to heal and do happy things. I just feel like I'm stuck in a rut. Maybe therapy will help." She shrugged as Roman supported her every step of the way. Everyone wanted to see the light back in Sasha's eyes. It may be a long journey, but it was a journey that was worth fighting for.