001

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

There was only one lap left. One lap and i would claim the title. World champion, of the 2022 season of Formula Two. All i have been fighting for this year will be decided in this one lap. I can't crash. I can't go wide. I can't spin. I can't lose.

It all comes down to this.

Turn one, and i took it perfectly fine. In the straight, I got to 300km/h. Went a little bit wide at turn 14, but no one was close enough to threaten and take advantage of the small mistake. There it was, turn 16—the last one. I took a deep breath feeling my heart beat hard against my chest, and went for it. It all went silent for me, i couldn't hear the radio, and all i could listen to was my car, the engine, the breaks and how the wheels burned against the floor

I took a deep breath, closing my hands tightly around the wheel to keep it steady, I'm sure my knuckles were white. I didn't even blink when i went through turn 16, one blink could make me lose it all, it takes a third of a mile of visual information, i knew the track by memory but still, no risk. And just like that, I crossed it. I just crossed the finishing line and i came back to reality in a snap, my ears were filled with the screams of joy of my team.

I actually did it. The title was all mine.

WILLOW, YOU ARE THE WORLD CHAMPION OF THE 2022 FORMULA TWO SEASON! .— i heard my engineer, Joseph.— you did it, oh my god, I'm so so proud of you! it's such an honor to be a witness to you making your way through this sport.

Cool i guess.— i said with the most monotonous tone ever and then laughed and screamed.— LETS FUCKING GO GUYS OH MY GOD! We did it!!

I let out a sigh of relief and shook my head, still in disbelief.— Thanks to the team, this is for all of you. For the people working in the factory for long hours, for the engineers, fuck, for everyone! i love you all so much.

I waved to the people in the stands as i went passed them, much slower. A lot of them waved back, i felt overwhelmed by the amount of people who seemed to be celebrating with me, and i loved every second of it. When i stopped the car, behind number one, i could breathe again. I took a second on my car, just trying to take in everything that happened. but i knew i had to celebrate with my team, so i undid my belt and took off the steering wheel, i was exhausted and my hands were shaking, the adrenaline was the only thing allowing me to stand on the top of my car and lift my arms in the air, watching my team go wild. I looked up at the sky and blew a kiss before getting down and running to where my team was. They hugged me, all of them, and i hugged them back.

My team principal, René Rosin, was looking at me with such a proud look that i felt my stomach flip, so i rushed to hug him. He had supported me and stood by my side through so much shit, he always had my back and fought back against anyone who would question my position as a driver for the team. And i will always be thankful for him.

— You're brilliant Willow, you're making history in this sport and i couldn't be prouder. My chest swells with pride.

— Thank you so much for everything, i couldn't have made it without you .— my voice broke as i spoke, i cleared my throat and i felt tears form in my eyes.— Thank you.

— Oh don't be silly, i just give you a little push, you could've been perfectly fine without me.— he said with a huge smile on his face.— Enjoy this moment, you deserve it more than anyone.

We hugged again and he let go so i could keep hugging people. I hugged everyone wearing a shirt from the team, and then my eyes landed on my best friend. We both let out a scream and i ran into her arms.