054

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

Every morning next to him it's a thousand times better.

We woke up around the same time, we stayed in bed, talking and just enjoying each other's company. When the clock showed 9 am, we got out of bed and went straight to the shower. I had a meeting to attend at 12 and wanted to get ready without a rush. I wanted to be calm for that meeting, it was really important. I hadn't told Oscar the topic i would be discussing there, i wanted to tell him but i didn't know if i should.

— ¿Is everything okay? — Oscar says, taking a step closer and grabbing my waist.

He only had a towel around his waist, his hair was still wet and he would non-stop pass his hand through it.

— Yeah, i'm just really nervous about this meeting.— i shrugged my shoulders and continued to brush my hair.

— ¿What is it about? ¿Is it important?

I thought about it for a second. He had the right to know, this involved him as well, and this was a decision we had to make together. I put the hairbrush down, pressed my lips on a line, and turned around to look at him. He kept his hands on my waist but his look had changed into a worried one. He tightens his grip and takes a small step forward.

I lift my hand and put it on his cheek, looking at his eyes and a smile unconsciously forms on my lips.— Is important, and it involves the two of us.

He looked even more confused than before.— ¿What do you mean?

— Rumors are going around, Oscar.— i breathe deeply.— About me being in a relationship with another driver.

Oscar stays silent for a moment, his eyes never leave mine until he drops his head back and sighs. I don't say anything, i wait for him to come to terms with the information he has just learned, and i also take this time to think. ¿What was the right move now? We aren't even officially dating, and having the world find out before that happens wasn't right. I have always thought that the right time to make a relationship public was after at least 6 months of dating when you're 100% sure your relationship is something that will last for a long time.

I mean, i'm sure Oscar and i are gonna be together for a long time, i want this to last forever if you ask me, but you truly never know. You can never be completely sure about anything, we are both Formula One drivers, for different teams, which adds a lot of competition between us, that could be truly damaging to our relationship. What if in a few years, we are both in the battle for a world title? or we crash against each other during a race? Would be capable of keeping everything on the race track? We both know of a lot of friendships that ended because of this sport. A huge example is Hamilton and Rosberg.

— I believe you're thinking the same thing i did.— Oscar whispers, bringing me back, and with a small grin on his face.— ¿What do you want to do? I mean, this mostly involves you right now, is your name being talked about, and i'm okay with whatever you decide to do, love.

I rest my forehead against his chest and close my eyes.— I don't know what to do. There are usually a lot of rumors about me, but none of them are true, this one is.

— Let me ask you something.— he gently grabs my face and moves me backward to be able to look at my face, i open my eyes and feel instantly calmer as i look at his face.— ¿Do you want people to know about us?

— I do, but not now, i want to be able to enjoy what we have without having everyone's eyes on us. I want to still be able to have privacy, and not have my career be affected by it. I know what people are gonna say, and i don't want that.