057

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

It was time to put myself out there again.

I'd sequestered myself within the confines of my hotel room for the entire week, a sanctuary visited only by those I held dear. My companions during this time were mainly Charles, Mick, and Oscar. Each brought their unique energy into the room, filling the space with laughter, stories, and camaraderie that helped to alleviate my sense of solitude. Ivy, my constant companion, shared the room with me. She had arrived on Wednesday and was a breath of fresh air amidst the constant calm. However, unlike me, she wasn't confined to the room. Ivy was much more adventurous, spending most of her time out and about, exploring the city and its many attractions.

She would send me pictures of her exploration, each image a snapshot of the world outside my hotel room. From the sweeping cityscapes to quaint street corners, she captured it all and shared it with me. She was my eyes and ears on the streets, serving as my connection to the bustling world outside. Through her, I was able to experience the city, vicariously living through her adventures as I awaited the moment I could join her.

I felt my heart beating faster and faster as the car stopped. Marjorie offered to drive me to the track, and she promised to stay by my side the whole time. Mick offered to, however, it wasn't the best move, I wasn't sure I wanted to interact with anyone from the opposite sex under the public eye.

— ¿Are you ready? — she asked next to me, with a motherly smile that made me feel more at ease.— Remember, ignore them, keep your head high, and keep walking.

I took a deep breath and nodded. I grabbed the handle, counted to three, and opened the door.

The flashes came in right away. I was almost blinded by them. It was incredibly noisy, and there were a lot of people. Usually, the surroundings of the parking lot are full of fans wanting to take pictures with you or asking for a signature, but now I couldn't see anyone with a shirt from any team, it was all cameras and people frenetically calling out my name and asking the infamous question.

"¿Who are you dating?"

It was overwhelming, I kept on taking deep breaths as I walked. Every step was firm, I was pretending to be calm and sure of myself, but inside I was a wreck. I tried blocking the voices, but it was useless, they fought back with fists and claws. Making their way straight to my ears and then to my brain, the last place I needed them to be. I already had enough of my thoughts.

— ¡Willow! Please one question.— a person screams.— Tell us, ¿which driver are you dating?

I tried to keep my smile and friendly face. I just gave a glance to everyone before scanning my pass and getting inside the paddock. I was so thankful that the outside media didn't have much access to this site. I could breathe a bit better now, but I still felt glances from people as we made our way to Porsche. I swear I wanted to run there, I didn't care if people would look strangely at me, I mean, they already were. Marjorie's hand stopped me from sprinting, she gently wrapped her fingers around my arm and made me walk at her same pace.

— First part is over, but now comes the second one.

— ¿Is it worse or better than the first part?

She scoffs.— Hard to say right now, you have two press conferences and two interviews at the moment. I will try and go in first at every place to check the questions they have, I promise.