013

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I was sweating my tits off.

Laying down on the floor, trying to catch my breath, and feeling my whole body burn up was part of my day-to-day, but this time my trainer finished me off, and it was only 10 in the morning. We were training since 7 in the morning, and i still had a day full of work ahead.

— ¿What did i do to you to deserve this? — i say between gasps, looking at Evelyn.

— Sorry doll, but i need to push you to your limit before the season starts so you're ready for everything.

— I'm gonna die before the season starts if you do so. How sick and twisted of you, to kill me off before i get the chance to race.

Evelyn laughs and throws me a cold towel. I put it in my face and closed my eyes for a moment, and then i got up. No one would do it for me, i had to do it for myself.

— ¿What are your plans for the day? — she asks as we start making some matcha latte.

— I have a date with the simulator, from 2 pm until 9.

— Woah, your ass is gonna hurt.

I nodded with an annoyed look.— I know, The good thing is Mick is gonna be there and i always have fun with him.

— You and Mick have become quite the duo.

— Yeah, he's an amazing friend to have around. I feel like we bonded a lot after the trip we took yesterday.

It took us a bit to finish the matcha, because of how tired i was and how slow my body was moving. But they were finally done and it felt like heaven to take a sip.

— Thanks for this, i need to go now.— i kissed her cheeks.— ¡see you tomorrow!

— I hope i wasn't! — i joked as she walked out.

Evelyn left and i went straight into the shower, i was staying at a nice house the team had arranged for me, and it was an amazing place, it felt really homey. I finished getting ready after an hour, i wanted to stay in the shower for longer because the cold water felt amazing against my skin. I grabbed my belongings and got out of the house, locking everything up, and got into my car.

I followed step by step the route my phone was showing me, i still haven't memorized the way to the facilities. And most of the time Mick was driving. I had managed to get to my destination, after taking some wrong turns and almost calling Mick to pick me up, i was there and i was running a bit late, so i parked as quickly as i could and ran inside the building.

— ¡I'm so sorry! — i say as i walk inside the room.

— You're just in time, relax.— says Mick, the only one there, with a smile.— They pushed the meeting half an hour.

I sighed and got closer to him to hug him.— Why didn't you tell me? — i say hitting his arm.

— Because i knew you would be late.

We sat down next to each other, we had a quick meeting before spending the rest of the day sitting down in front of a screen. I enjoyed doing simulator work, don't get me wrong, but i enjoyed more being behind an actual car and racing on the actual track.

— I'm so gonna beat your ass on the simulator.— i say to Mick with a cocky smile.

He made a face and laughed.— Yeah sure, tell yourself that until you believe it.

— Let's make a bet then.

— Sure, the loser has to do whatever the other says for a whole day.

The smile on Mick's face made me have second thoughts about this, but my pride was way bigger and i shook hands with him, to seal the deal. I was about to add something but the doors opened and the team came inside.