039

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I couldn't look away from the picture.

My heart was racing. My hands were holding my phone tighter as the seconds went by. How could he do this to me? after we came to an agreement to stay together. Was this some kind of sick revenge? Did he lie to my face and didn't truly forgive me? And who was this blonde girl? I needed answers, but i knew now wasn't a good time. Besides, did i even have the right to feel mad or betrayed if i had done the same thing to him before? Maybe now we were even.

Wait.

I re-read Charles' last message. Oh no. Drunk Charles wasn't the ideal person to handle this. I quickly called him, but his phone was turned off. I tried calling Arthur and Lando, but nothing. I had no idea who else was at this party, and it wasn't a good idea to call everyone i knew. Carlos might be the right person to call. And he was, he answered on the first try.

I know why you're calling cariño, he's alright. Lando and i caught him before he could do anything stupid.— he says as soon as he picks up.— And don't worry, we will take care of him.

I felt like i could breathe again.— Thank you so much, Carlos, i was about to have a heart attack.

I could barely hear him due to the music.

Oh fuck.— he says, the only thing i catch and then a lot of noise.

— ¿What happened? — no answer.— ¿Carlos? ¿Hellooooo?

The call ends and i sigh in annoyance. I couldn't stay calm after that last part, but i couldn't just leave when I was having dinner with Oscar's family. And i didn't have a car to get there, and grabbing an Uber in a country i wasn't familiar with was a huge no. I took a deep breath, trying to keep my anxiety down as i made my way back to the table. I smiled at Nicole and sat down next to her son.

— ¿It's everything alright dear? — she asks and i felt everyone's eyes on me.

— Yeah, my dad called to check on me.

She nods and they all go back to the conversation they were having before i arrived. I couldn't focus on that, not when drunk Charles was mad and in the same place as Franco. I knew Carlos wouldn't let him do anything stupid, but still, i couldn't be completely calm until i saw him with my two own eyes.

I turned to Oscar to grab his attention, but he was already looking at me. I get closer to him so i can whisper.—¿Can we go? Something happened and i need to leave like right now.

Oscar nods with a worried look on his face and clears his throat.— Uh guys we need to leave, I don't feel well and i brought Lowie here so she has to leave with me.

— Oh it's alright dear.— Nicole stands up and gives me a hug.— It was a pleasure, you're as lovely as i heard.

— Thank you for the invite, i had an amazing time.— i say hugging her back.— I hope we see each other again.

We say goodbye to his whole family and leave. As we sat down at his car, i sent him the location of the bar. He doesn't ask any questions, he turns the car on and drives off. Our destination wasn't that far away, but those 8 minutes felt like an eternity for me. The car stops outside the bar and i turn to look at him.

— ¿Can you come with me? Please.

— Of course Lowie. Let's go.

He met me halfway to the entrance, he had to make sure the door was locked first. The guard looked at us and moved so we could go inside. My hand quickly found its way to Oscar's as we stepped in. I felt more relaxed when he squeezed mine in return. The place was full, i could barely see the walls of the place due to the people dancing and jumping, so i just walked straight, arriving at the bar. I called the barman to ask him if he had seen my friends, and he pointed at one of the booths. And there they were, Lando, Carlos, George and Charles.