078

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

It was time for our date.

It was several hours ago that Oscar departed from my house, and i was having huge flashbacks of our first date. From the moment of our arrival, Oscar seemed to be nervous, his shoulders rigid with an evident tension that was hard to miss. I attempted to alleviate his discomfort by offering him a massage not just once, but twice yesterday, yet it appeared to have little effect in soothing his nerves. The only instance in which I witnessed a semblance of relaxation washing over him, apart from when he was sleeping, was during the day yesterday. We had left our bags back at my house, deciding to venture straight to my father's residence instead. My siblings were waiting impatiently for us, leaving us with no option but to be present there for the morning meal. As it turned out, we ended up extending our stay, allowing the hours to slip by as morning faded into the afternoon, and found ourselves partaking in lunch as well.

flashback...

— Lowie! give me that pillow.— Matteo orders.

I squinted my eyes and handed him the pillow, but i didn't let go.

— Lowie, the pillow! — now Lily was also bossing me around.— and the blanket.

— Okay okay stop, you guys need to relearn your manners.— i stop them both, holding the pillows they were about to use.— What do you say to someone when you need them to do something for you?

— Hurry up? — asks Lily with a mischievous smile.

I give her a warning look and she simply shrugs her shoulders.— Matteo?

— Please, you're supposed to say.

I nod with a satisfied smile and look back at Lily.— Lily? Matteo already said it, you just have to repeat it.

I knew she was going to fight back, and i had all the patience in the world right now to wait for her answer. Matteo rolled his eyes, annoyed with our sister's attitude, and asked her to say please. While they had their little fight, I looked over at Oscar, with a tired smile and i was about to ask him if he wanted to join us, but before i got a chance, my dad appeared in the room and Oscar jumped to catch him. They exchange a few words, i pay close attention to my dad's expressions since he is the only one i can see. I got a bit distracted by Oscar's back tho, the shirt he was wearing embraced his back muscles. My dad had a smile on his face, and he nodded a few times before he disappeared through the back door. I didn't catch a word.

— Lowie, she said it! — Matteo says loudly and grabs my attention back.

I looked at Lily and i could tell by just looking at her that she didn't, but i appreciated Matteo's efforts.— Perfect then, she's going to have no problem repeating it once more.

Lily pouts and Matteo sighs, covering his face with one of his hands. I laugh at them and let go of the pillows. They smiled and continued making the fort. It was looking pretty solid. I stayed back for a bit, sitting on the floor and laughing at their falling attempts to make the roof. I didn't help them until they asked me to, it was a good moment to teach them some self-dependence.

Our great castle was built. We used almost every single pillow in the house and the blankets. These kids went to my dad's room and took the sheets off his bed. I know Dad isn't going to be too happy about it. My siblings and i took a step back to look at our masterpiece, and we high-fived each other in celebration.

— Oh wow, did you guys do that? — asks my dad, walking up to us, with Oscar behind him.

He had a smile on his face, which only got bigger when his eyes landed on mine. Oscar stands next to me and puts his arm around my waist.