033

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I had never felt so anxious in my own house like now.

I have always felt so at ease inside this place, ever since i moved i would relax as soon as i walked inside, and forget all about the stress at work, bad comments, or anything that put me in a bad mood, but now all i wanted to do was to open that damn door and run away. Franco and i were meeting here, after a chat, we decided it would be better to stay in so we wouldn't be bothered and have privacy. He's supposed to arrive any minute now, he texted me a few minutes ago letting me know he took a taxi to get here. I was sitting on my couch, ready for the day, with makeup and a comfortable outfit. I took the longest shower this morning, and it made me forget about everything for at least 5 whole minutes.

In Germany i had the most amazing time, the Schumachers are an amazing family and they were so welcoming to me, Corinna taught me a few recipes and we talked a lot, and Gina took me to some of her riding classes, and taught me how to mount a horse. Mick, Michael, and i went karting a lot, needless to say, Michael beat our asses, Mick and i just fought each other to get second place, meanwhile, Michael would lap us and then wait for us at the finish line. I also spent a lot of time at work, hours and hours in the simulator or training my ass off, but i enjoyed it a lot. The love they had for each other was truly heartwarming, the look of pure love on Michael's face when he watched Mick karting or Gina riding.

I didn't want to leave Germany, i wouldn't let go of Mick's arm as he dragged me across the airport so i wouldn't miss my flight.

The door.

Franco was here.

I got up off the couch and quickly checked myself in the mirror i had in the hallway. I looked alright. I took a deep breath as i grabbed the handle and opened the door. My heart was racing like crazy and my hands were sweaty. I was greeted with a smiley Franco, and my stomach did a flip as the guilt was eating me alive.

— Hi linda.— he says and hugs me.

I closed my eyes as i hugged him back, i felt his arms tighten around my body.— Hi.

We stayed in a hug for a while, i was the one that didn't let go, and Franco was just laughing and caressing my back, asking what was happening and if i was okay. When i finally took a step back, he grabbed his belongings and we both entered my house, closing the door behind us. I was carrying his backpack and left it on one of the couches, he did the same thing with his suitcase and then he turned around to look at me.

— I missed you so much.— he takes a step to stand closer to me and gently grabs my cheek.

I looked at him and smiled, enjoying the warm feeling of his palm against my face.— I missed you too.

Franco doesn't say another word and kisses me. It took me a bit by surprise but i kissed him back, even tho everything in me was telling me to stop him and tell him everything beforehand. I put my hands around his neck to bring him closer, and he put his other hand on my waist. The kiss was so sweet i let myself go completely.

— ¿Do you wanna order some lunch? I'm really hungry.— he whispers against my lips, our foreheads touching.

I opened my eyes before answering, and felt my heart drop when i saw Oscar's face instead of his, looking at me with a smile and those fucking brown eyes.

¿What?

I blinked a few times, trying to focus my vision and i saw Franco's face again. He looked extremely confused but didn't say a word, waiting for me to respond to his question.

— Uh yeah sure.— my voice almost came out as a whisper so i cleared my throat.— But wait, we need to talk first.

I grab his hands and i guide him to the couch, we sit down next to each other and i let go of his hands. I noticed a change on his face, but it was so quick i couldn't figure out what it meant.

— ¿Did something happen? I'm getting worried.

— Yes, something did happen and i need to tell you before we do anything, this thing hasn't allowed me to sleep well or to even think straight, i need to get it out.— i crossed my legs and began playing with one of my rings, i tried to maintain eye contact but i was unsuccessful.— After the race, Luisa and i went to a party, a few of the drivers were there, like Mick and Charles. Look i don't have an excuse for what happened, i can't even tell you why it happened because I'm not sure, i swear. I didn't even drink that much, i just had one glass and one shot of tequila because i made a promise to myself.

Franco clears his throat and grabs my hand, i finally look at him.—Lowie breath, it's alright, just tell me, please.

— Oscar and i kissed.

There, i finally said it.

I felt a huge weight get out of my shoulders when those words came out of my mouth. But that relief was quickly replaced with sadness, the look on his face and how slowly he let go of my hands made my chest hurt. Franco looked away, staying silent. I waited patiently, i didn't want to pressure him into saying something, i gave him the space he needed, but i was growing more anxious as every second went by, and after almost 20 minutes i lost it.

— Please say something, your silence is eating me alive.

He looks at me, his numb expression giving me chills.— ¿What do you want me to say? Honestly, ¿what should i say?

— Tell me how you feel, tell me you hate me or whatever you're thinking about right now, just tell me anything.

Another 5 minutes of silence.

— ¿Do you have a crush on him?

— ¿What? No, i don't.— the words rushed out of my mouth before i could even think about it.— I swear.

— Then why did you kiss him? It doesn't just happen out of the blue.

He was right, it doesn't happen out of nowhere.

— I don't know Franco, it just happened, we were dancing and it happened .— i scratch the back of my neck.— I felt so guilty the morning after, i swear. I'm sorry. I get if you are mad at me or even hate me.

— Look, Lowie.— Franco says grabbing my hand to stop me from scratching myself.— I'm not gonna lie, I'm pissed, but i could never hate you. It's not possible for me to ever do so. I just need you to be honest with me, ¿did that kiss make you feel something?

Yes.
¿what? no.

— No, it didn't.

He took a deep breath and squeezed my hands.— Then it's alright, we can move past this. Thank you for telling me and being honest, it would've made me feel worse if i found out by someone else.

— Yeah i know, that's why i wanted to tell you and i would've done it sooner but i had work to do in Germany and it wasn't a good idea to tell you over the phone.

I look at him, with a slight smile which he returns, and i let out a sigh. Franco brings me closer and kisses me once again, i kiss him back but with a discomfort in my stomach. I tried to ignore it as i deepened the kiss, Feanco's hands flew to my waist, he gently caressed my naked back and lifted me so i could sit on his lap.

You fucked up.
No, i didn't, shut up.