076

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I was an anxious mess when the race came to an end.

I finished p6, not bad at all. In front of me was Mick, i let him pass close to the end in hopes he could shorten the distance with Lewis, making him use his tires trying to protect his position and making it easier for us to pass him. It was a good strategy and it would have worked, because Mick had newer tires and more pace than me, but we were short of time, if we only had a few more laps we would have accomplished it. Mick said he would give me the position back, but i stopped him from doing it, Lando was too close behind me and he would take advantage of the moment. Maybe even passing us both. Anyway, i wasn't worried about it, points for the team were points for the team, and i was focused on what was about to go down. It was media time, and i went over every answer the guys and i prepared for this moment. Play dumb, and pretend to be deeply affected by all of this.

— Lowie, media duties.— says Jessie, the young woman in charge of me today.— I have to warn you, there's information about you going around. We are unsure if it has reached the media, but most likely it has. You need to be ready, we don't have enough time to prepare you. You're in your whole right to not answer any question that makes you feel uncomfortable, you have our support.

I frown, but before we can continue our conversation, we are called over for the first interview. It was the well-known room where a lot of different channels from all over the world had their cameras. You had to go to everyone before you could leave. I looked around me to see which other driver was there, i spotted Alonso, Lewis, Yuki, Daniel, and Charles.

— Hello Willow, a pleasure to have you with us.— says the interviewer and i smile in response, saying a quick hello.— Amazing results on the race, congrats! but from what we saw you guys had a strategy that didn't quite work out, can you tell us more about that?

—  Thank you, and yes, the team had an amazing strategy which included Mick and me, but we were short on time.— i sighed.— If there were only a few more laps, i'm sure we would have pulled it off. Let's hope the team makes those calls a bit earlier next race.

He smiles at me and opens his mouth to go to the next question, but the cameraman stops him and shows him his phone. I squinted my eyes, trying to read what it said, but it was unuseful. I knew what it was about tho.

— Uh we have some last-minute information that concerns you, Willow. 

I tilt my head, looking confused.— What? What is it? I was warned about it but i haven't been told what happened. Enlight me.

— I think is best if you see it for yourself.— he hands me the phone and i read the headline.

"Franco Colapinto behind it all, he plays with the heart of Formula One driver Willow Harris and gossips about her private life.

Recently, the Argentinian driver who has been the focus of media attention, finds himself embroiled in controversy. This precarious situation unfolded after confidential information was unexpectedly released just minutes ago. The origin of this information remains a mystery, however, the proof accompanying the allegations appears to be irrefutable. This includes a damning audio recording where the driver in question can be heard admitting to the truth of the allegations. The incriminating file was distributed (...) Undoubtedly, this scandal is a significant blow to the young driver's professional reputation and personal image. It raises the question, will he be able to recover from such a scandal? More importantly, all eyes are now on Willow Harris, the person at the center of this controversy. What will her response be to these startling revelations? And how has she managed to keep all of this hidden from the public eye until now?"