062

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

Being back home felt so good. From the moment i stepped out of the airplane, i felt like a new person.

Still, i had a thousand worries in my mind. But they didn't seem as important as running into my father's arms. I got inside the Uber and as the stranger drove to my house, i sent a few texts, to Ivy, Charles, and Mick, noticing them of my safe arrival. My fingers pressed Oscar's name and our chat was shown on my screen, should i text him i arrived okay? He always asked me to let him know when our flights were at different times, but now things were different, and i asked to keep my distance, i couldn't just text him out of the blue.

I absently clicked the lock button on my phone, its light instantly dimming as I set it aside. A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I moved my gaze towards the window. The sun was just beginning to rise, its light barely breaching the horizon. The view that greeted me was nothing short of mesmerizing. Monaco, with its glittering coastline and luxurious edifices, was a sight to behold. Its beauty was unique and unparalleled. There might be some places with better views, but nothing compares.

Nous sommes ici madame .— says the driver when the car stops.

(we are here madame)

We both leave the car and he helps me with my luggage.— Merci beaucoup.

I carefully gather my belongings, cradling them in my arms as I prepare to step into the towering building before me. I offer a friendly greeting to the doorkeeper, who has become a familiar face over the years. The elevator ride is a quiet moment of solitude before the day begins in earnest, a gentle hum and the soft flicker of ascending numbers are my only companions. The time is 7 a.m., and I am acutely aware of the passing seconds.

By 9 a.m., I am due at my father's house, a place imbued with memories and nostalgia. This leaves me with a span of two short hours to complete my morning routine and journey to his home. Time, as it often does, feels like a precious commodity that I cannot afford to waste.

Upon entering my apartment, I place my suitcase in the corner of my room, its contents a chore for later. My immediate destination is the bathroom, a sanctuary where I can prepare for the challenges of the day ahead. The sensation of warm water cascading over my body is a welcome comfort, the gentle heat seeping into my muscles and coaxing them into relaxation. A part of me yearns to remain there, ensconced in the comforting embrace of the water. I can almost envision myself sinking into the bathtub, the water serving as a barrier against the outside world, its warmth washing my worries away. It's a tempting thought, one that whispers of peace and solitude. But reality beckons, and I know I must face the day and its responsibilities.

I knocked on the door, and quick steps broke the silence. I smile to myself, knowing my dad was the one responsible, he always gets excited when I get home, one time he tripped on a rug we had because he ran, and now he doesn't have a single one of them on plain sight. The door flew open in front of me, scaring me a bit, but that quickly washed away, as the happiness set in my chest when I saw my dad. Happiness, and then an extreme need to receive my dad's comfort. I jumped into his arms, desperate to feel how his hug kept all of my worries away from me. And I felt just that, I immediately melted into his arms, just like I did when I was a little girl and a race went badly.

— Oh wow, that's nice.— he says and laughs, making his whole body vibrate.— I missed you too.

He wanted to take a step back to look at me, but I didn't budge, I tightened even more my grip. He quickly changed and hugged me back with the same intensity, he knew I needed it. I felt him sigh this time, and with one of his hands, he gently stroked my hair.