074

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I stare at my phone and bite my lip.

I was alone, sitting in my bed, in my hotel room. After the track walk, i ran back here, without explaining a thing to Mick, i wouldn't be surprised if he knocked on my door in a few minutes. I wanted to do this alone, and i will tell them everything later. I start biting my fingers, i know what i have to do, i have to call her, she told me she would be available in 30 minutes. That was 20 minutes ago. She didn't say much in her text, so i have no clue, why she would need to talk to me. Something about Franco, of course, was the only thing we had in common.

I take a deep breath and stand up, i walk around my room, anxious. I was overthinking it. Fuck it. I pressed the call button. That was it, all i needed to do. I waited in silence, the phone rang a few times, and i thought about hanging up, but she picked up before i could.

Hi Willow. — a feminine voice says from the other side.

I clear my throat.— Hi, Grace right?

Yeah, Grace.—  at least she had a sweet voice.— Thank you for calling me, i was unsure you would agree and do it. My text must have taken you by surprise.

— It did, and you didn't say much about what this call was about.

Sorry about that, i wanted to be as vague as possible to get your attention.— she softly laughs and i hear her take a deep breath.—  well let's end the mysteries here. We only have one thing in common, and that's Franco.

Yeah, i was right.— Yeah, we do. What about him? I'm sorry if i come across as rude. If you're calling me on his behalf to try and talk to me i'm hanging up right now.

No no.— she quickly said.— It's not about that, trust me. It's the opposite. Look. I found out about you a few days ago, i had no idea what happened between you two because trust me, if i knew, i wouldn't have kissed him that night. I have codes, and i'm not the kind of woman that does that to another woman.— Grace stops for a second.— Franco had a bit too many cups the other day, and he told me everything. How he cheated on you with me, how he used you for sponsors, and most recently how he started a rumor about you.

I sighed, tired and tired of hearing that.—  Mhm.

Well, a friend of yours contacted me. He didn't say his name, and i'm unsure of how he got my number.

— A friend of mine? —  i frown.—  Whom?

He said his name was Perceval or something like that. 

It took all of my strength to not burst out laughing right there. I coughed to try and cover a giggle and i composure myself.— Sorry, i had no idea he did that. What did he say to you?

—  Well, he asked me if i knew what Franco had done to you, and then he asked me if i was on board to help him get revenge on your name.

He did what. Did he trust a stranger with our plan? Jeez.

— I'm sorry he contacted you out of nowhere and told you those things, if i were you i would ignore him, he doesn't think things through beforehand.

Grace laughs, making me keep quiet.—  It's okay, i was taken by surprise, but this is not why i'm calling you. I wouldn't just steal your number from Franco's phone just to tell you about your weird friend.—  i frown.— I want to help you guys. Franco and i have been friends for a while, but what he did, and the attitude he has had these past few days, are enough to convince me.