065

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

The next race was canceled due to heavy rain.

This meant, i'm gonna spend almost a whole month in my house, since the next race was here. My home race. First home race in Formula One. To say i was nervous was an understanding. I have seen Charles race here since 2018, and since the beginning, people have talked about the Monaco curse. He has never won here and has always had something happen to him. Last year he was left out of the podium for some poor management from his team. Charles was ecstatic for this race, he had his hopes high, even after a not-so-good season, he had an amount of bad luck, and he truly needed a cleansing.

After our chat, he spent more time over at my dad's house. And of course, my whole family was more than happy to have him there, we have had an insane amount of dinners with his family over. It was now the beginning of the new week, which was supposed to be a race week, but it got canceled, so now we had one more week of rest. A few drivers have spoken about throwing a party here, Max and Lando, and almost everyone has agreed. They had to travel here anyway, so doing it a few days before wasn't a bad idea.

— Lowie, ¿where's the sugar? — Ivy asks, walking into my house, covered in flour.

She was making cookies with Lily.

— Second cabinet on the right.— I say laughing and she leaves the room.

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better, but still with a need to have Oscar by my side. We haven't spoken. I have been tempted to send him a text a lot of times, I have stared at that screen for hours, thinking over and over what should i say, and stressing Charles out, he has reached the point of begging me to tap a few letters and send them. But I didn't budge, I felt this was a topic to discuss face to face, so I had to wait until he got here for the race to ask him to speak. Charles cursed me in every language he knew when he heard my final choice, but I knew he had something in the works, the scary smile that appeared on his face gave me chills.

— Okay, the cookies are in the oven.— Ivy walks in again, still with flour over her whole clothes and face, and a defeated look on her face.— Can you please go and take a look at them while i shower?

I get up and take a bit of flour off her face as i laugh.— Sure thing, don't worry, i won't let them burn.

— You can't, or i swear i will kill you.

I roll my eyes and walk out of my room, to walk straight to the kitchen. It was a whole mess, i sighed and took a look around. There were an insane amount of dishes in the washer, they chose to use every single thing in this house to make a couple of cookies. Great. I put on some music on my phone, put a clip on my hair to take it out of my face, and i began to order. I swept the floor and moped it. I washed every dish, and was dead when i was done. I almost forgot to check the cookies, but i did it just in time, they were ready. I took them out of the oven and left them on top of the cabinet to let them cool down.

— Good, they didn't burn.— says my dad, walking inside the kitchen with a smile.

— Yeah well, i'm glad, they made a mess making them, i don't want to clean a mess this big again.

He walks up to me and puts an arm around my shoulders.— Let's go to the backyard, i want to have a chat with you.

I frowned and thought about every single thing i have done in my life that would make my dad ask me to have a chat. I even thought about the things i did when i was a kid. We got to the backyard, where my dad had his garden, one of his biggest pride aside from us, and sat down in the garden chairs.

— Don't be scared, i don't wanna talk about something bad.— he clarified when he saw my scared face, and i relaxed.— I want to ask you something. Matteo told me something the other day, he made me promise i wouldn't tell you, but you know me, i'm a curious old man.

I knew exactly what it was. Matteo told my dad about me and Oscar.

I sigh.— Okay, ask me then.

— Is it true you have a boyfriend? And that this boyfriend is a fellow driver?

I gulp, feeling a chill breeze all of a sudden.— Uh well, it's not like that, but at the same time it it's. It isn't very easy, Dad. So much has happened and i- I don't know.

The words come out of my mouth without even thinking. The only thing that stopped me from vomiting words was the laugh my dad let out. I stared at him, confused, and waited for him to calm down. Unsure of what was happening.

— Oh pumpkin.— he wipes away a tear and smiles at me.— You're so cute when you're nervous, still a victim of the world vomiting i see.

My cheeks turn red and i smile embarrassed.— Yeah, still.

— I'm asking due to mere curiosity and because i want to know more about your life, honey, not for any other reason.

— Oh, sure. Um well, like i said, it's complicated. He isn't my boyfriend, but we were together not so long ago.— i scratch the back of my head and sigh.— And yes, it is a fellow driver as you said.

— So ¿you are not a thing anymore? ¿Why?

— A rumor spread, about me and him. We decided to part ways for now because we can't afford to be in this kind of scandal right now, well, it's more like i decided to part ways, even tho he didn't want to, he said he wanted to fight for what we had .— a smile appears on my face and i look at him.— ¿What?

— You truly like him.

Once again, i found myself blushing from embarrassment.— Yeah i do, he's just so great Dad. He listens to me, he's always there when i need him, even when i don't. He worries about me, he pays attention to the little details and remembers them, he tries every day, he sends me cute texts, and he even pays full attention when i talk about things i like. He listened to me for two hours straight while i talked about a book i liked. And he does it all with a look on his face, i don't what it means, but his eyes shine, and with the most honest smile on his face.

— Woah, even i'm falling in love with him now.— my dad jokes and we both laugh.— And if he's all that, ¿why part ways? He seems like one in a kind.

I nod.— He is, and i decided to part ways only because of how scared i was. I'm new to this amount of exposure, and it all got too much for me. I just panicked and didn't even think it through when i said it to him.

— And now that you had time to think about it, do you still want to let him go?

I play with my necklace.— No, of course not.

— Perfect then, i don't think you will need to do much if he already said he's willing to fight for you.— he puts a hand on my shoulder and smiles.— I'm happy for you kid, i'm happy you have found a person that makes you smile like that without even noticing. And i want you to know, that you have my full support, i will fight with claws and teeth if it means you will be happy.

I hug him tightly. Those words meant more to me than he could even imagine.— Thank you so much, Dad, truly.

We stayed there for a bit longer, but the sound of the housebell made us break apart. He pushes me and points to the door with his head.— Go, you're younger.

I roll my eyes and walk to the door, checking the time on my phone. It was three in the afternoon, who could it possibly be? I sighed and opened the door. That breath got stuck in my throat the second my eyes laid on those eyes, and my heart stopped beating for a moment, to then beat harder than ever. He was here, standing right in front of me, with a nervous smile, pink cheeks, and shiny eyes.

Something struck me in that moment. A realization. It felt like I'd been sleeping so long in a 21-year dark night.

And now i see daylight.

— Oscar.