015

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

— C'mon, it's only gonna be a minute.— he says.

I just nodded and got inside, he followed after and closed the door. The bathroom was not that big, but not that small either. We both fit inside, standing up and without having our bodies inches away from each other, but it all depends on where we stand or how we stand. He opened the water, gently held my hand, and put it under it. The whole sink turned red for a second as the blood was washing off.

— ¿Does it hurt? — he asks, looking at the wounds from up close.

His touch was so delicate.

— Not that much, it's fine.

— Well, this is definitely gonna hurt.— he shows me a small bottle of alcohol.

I laughed and shook my head.— No way in hell you're using that on my fingers, water is fine! They will close up before the plane even takes out.

I tried to move my hand away, but he didn't let me move an inch and even brought me closer to him so our chests were touching.

— I'm sorry, they didn't have anything else i could use! — he says in a bit of a panic.

— Oscar no, i swear to god i will push you off the plane if you do it.— i threatened, but then calmed down when i saw how shocked he looked.— Okay sorry, that was rude, but please don't do it.

— Willow it's gonna be fine. The pain will last a second and then you will be good to go.

I looked up at him with a frown, he looked genuinely worried and that made me give in. I had both of my hands on the sink, but my face was buried on Oscar's chest. His heart was beating fast, surely because of the pressure he had.

— Do you want me to do a countdown? or just go for it?

— Just go for it, it's easier — i pressed my lips together to not scream.

That motherfucker didn't hesitate.

I wanted to cry, it burned like hell, at this point i would rather cut my hands than put that on my wounds. Oscar was blowing on my fingers to make the pain go away and whispering sorry over and over again, he was too sweet. It became tolerable after a few moments, i sighed as i relaxed my body, still leaning on Oscar, and he was drying my fingers.

— ¿Better? — he asked and i stood up straight.

— That hurts like a bitch, i'm never doing that ever again.

He laughed and nodded.— Well, if you need a nurse you know where to find me.

— I will, thank you very much.

Oscar gathered everything he had used to throw it away and even cleaned the sink. Then he turned around, i was standing in front of the door with my back against it, and we ended up facing each other and closer than before, i could almost feel his breathing on my face. I had never been this close to him, i could see all the small freckles on his nose and his cheeks, he had a lot, and he looked like a chocolate chip cookie. I looked up to his eyes and smiled, they looked very dark under this lighting.

— Thanks for helping me Oscar, but please don't mention it to anyone.— i whisper.

He nodded and swallowed, i could see how his neck moved.

— Sure thing, my lips are closed. As you said at dinner, I'm god at keeping secrets.

Oscar cleared his throat and pointed to the door behind me with his head, i turned around and opened it. I felt my cheeks turn red when i saw how one of the flight attendants was looking at us, maybe what was going through her head when she saw the both of us, coming out of a bathroom. I almost ran back to my seat due to the embarrassment.

I put on my seat belt and took a deep breath, Oscar sat down next to me, with his face as red as mine. I'm sure he saw the same look that woman gave us. I began looking for a movie to watch later on, they had a lot of options, but i ended up choosing Rush, i loved that one, the acting was beyond great and they portrayed the story almost as it was. The plane began moving, so i paused it and paid attention to what the flight attendants were doing, i knew all of this by memory due to how many times i have been on a plane. Oscar beside me had the most chill look ever, i almost laughed at him, in a way, he reminded me of Kimi.

We are about to take off — they announced on the speakers and not even 5 minutes later we were going up.

God how i hated this feeling.

Every time the plane takes off, my ears hurt a lot. I closed my eyes, getting comfier on my seat, and pressed my lips together. The sensation ended as we reached the needed height, so i grabbed my book, and my pencils to annotate and fell into the world in between those pages.

— ¿What are you reading? — i heard.

I looked to my side and smiled at Oscar.— The Queen of Nothing, it's the third book of the Folk of the Air trilogy. It's about a human girl who lives in a fantasy world full of creatures, but she's enemies with one of the princes of the realm she's in.

He was looking at me, paying attention to what i was saying, but embarrassment hit me and i smiled.— Sorry, i just really love this book.

— No please, tell me all about it, I'm more than happy to listen to you.

I raised one of my eyebrows, still smiling.— ¿Really? I'm warning you Piastri, is a lot.

— And I'm more than ready, go ahead.

I have never seen anyone as patient as Oscar, he listened to me for at least an hour and paid attention at all times, It was impressive considering that when i talk about things that i like, i tend to be very scattered when explaining, i go over the same thing like three times. He asked questions and seemed genuinely interested in the book, and what i had to say.

— Woah, that's one hell of a trilogy.— he says when i finish.

— It is, that's why is one of my favorites.

He checks the book he has in his hands.— ¿Do you write in your books?

— Yes, i write down what I'm thinking at the moment, like little comments. It makes it funnier when i re-read them later on.

— You have to let me borrow one of your annotated books, i need to read those comments.

I laughed, some of them were a bit embarrassing.— Sure thing, when i get back home i will choose one for you.

— Perfect.

The conversation ended there, i went back to my book, and Oscar to whatever he was doing before, but i still felt how he would glance at me every now and then. It feels nice to have someone listen to you the way he did, even if he didn't understand a thing i was saying, he was fully paying attention. It makes my heart feel full every time someone does this when i speak about something I'm really passionate about.

However, i was almost sure he would forget about the book in a few days.