066

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

OSCAR'S POV

My heart skips a beat when i see her there, standing in front of me.

Her hair was up, she was wearing a pair of shorts, with a hoodie on, and there wasn't a single drop of makeup on her face. It reminded me of those mornings we shared, when she woke up curled up next to me, hugging me as if her life depended on it, her eyes were a bit puffy and she couldn't open them properly. Where she looked the most beautiful to me, where she was the most vulnerable, and she trusted me enough to show herself to me. She was surprised i was here, her whole body tensed up, her eyes opened, and her lips slightly parted. Of course she was, she had no idea of the plan Charles talked to me about.

He was the mastermind behind all this. He called me one night, almost at midnight, asking me for a second to talk. I was a bit taken aback, but i agreed, and that's when he told me everything. Lowie and he had a conversation, i don't know what it was about, but according to Charles, it gave him the idea of bringing me here. He was so desperate he even offered me his private jet, but there was no need, the second he mentioned her name i was willing to walk here if necessary. I already told her i would do whatever it takes to be with her, and i will keep my word.

I took a deep breath, i was shaking myself. A bit from nervousness, and the rest was pure excitement. I have been dreaming of this moment since i left her hotel in Miami. The second those elevator doors closed, i wanted to go back, run to her, grab her in my arms, and kiss her.

Oh god, how much i want to kiss her.

My body physically hurts because i haven't felt her next to me for days now. A simple touch would feed my soul and stop my agony.

— Hi, i'm sorry to appear out of the blue.— i said and cleared my throat .— but i wanted to see you. No, i needed to see you.

I notice how her gaze softens, and the ghost of a smile appears on her lips.— It's okay. You took me by surprise, but it's a nice one.

I smile this time, feeling my face burning and relaxing at the fact she didn't close the door in my face.— I'm glad it was a nice one.

She seemed to fully react now, she shook her head and moved to the side.— Please come inside.

I did as she asked. This was the first time i was here, at her father's house as Charles told me. Which meant, her dad was here somewhere, and that sent chills through my body. I mean please, who wouldn't get nervous about meeting the dad of the girl you drool over?

— This place is nice, ¿Is this your childhood house? — i ask as i look around.

— Yeah, it is. But it has changed a lot, we used to have a lot of rugs and fewer plants, but having plants is my dad's new hobby, and flooding the backyard doesn't seem like enough.— she says and we share a brief scoff.

And just as if we had summoned him, her dad walked inside the living room. I felt like i fainted for a brief second there. I straightened up and gulped as i saw his eyes scan me. Charles made me dress up a bit nicely before coming here, now i see why. From the information he shared, her dad is a nice man and has a laid-back attitude most of the time, the only moments he's scary are when you have wronged his kids. However, he was tall, really tall, and that made him look scarier.

— Oscar, right? — he asks, with a slight frown.

— Yeah, Oscar Piastri sir, it's a pleasure.— i say and offer him my hand for a handshake.

I notice a look he shares with Lowie, and from the corner of my eye i see her nod. The next thing i knew, her dad grabbed my hand and brought me in for a hug. I was frozen for a second but reacted when he patted my back and pulled back.